Ford B-Max Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I do see your point, what I cannot understand is why Ford are offering this in the Uk and not offering it in the country where the car is built.

It does not cost a single cent to put this on all cars so why dont they do so.

I ordered my car on 17/10/16 and took delivery on 16/1/17. Almost 3 months from order to collection.

Im still not happy that they registered it in 2016 though and am going to have a few words with Ford UK about it. Particularly as I specifally asked them not to.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It took so much because you ordered a/some specific feature(s)?I mean.., is your B-MAX built after May 2016?
They told mine will be built on 17th of Feb; so was yours?!? What's the proof of that.., where do you have the date of production WRITTEN?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
They didnt give me a production date at first, but it was built on 8/12/16, I believe.

No idea why it takes so long to come from Romania, I could drive it in 2 days.

It had to be factory built as I wanted parking sensors and a satnav.

Enjoying driving it now.

We must take care as your posts do not translate well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The dealer told me about the same three months being the term.
Ordered on 12 of December; estimated delivery: 12.03.2017:

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you want to see images from the factory:https://youtu.be/oDMsB-zfj28
Is it yours at 29:30?

My English is very poor, I know...

A friend of mine, an ex-neighbour, is now professor in Cambridge; he knows English way better, of course. I think he studied Gaelic for a while, as well.

Please tell me where is wrong and I'll be happy to learn!

Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It just takes a lot of practice. Learning a second language is easier in speech than in text. I get the feeling that you are sometimes trying to be humerous, but it is not translating that way, but keep trying and I will take into account that it may not translate literally.

I am looking forward to the wine if I visit Romania, it would be a good test drive for the B Max.

I must Google to see how far it is.

B Bax still feeling nice, but MPG not as good as I was hoping. Not really fair to judge whilst it is running in perhaps.

I really want to take it on a longer run, but will wait for the spring to come. A 200 mile drive to Cornwall looking most likely.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
361 miles now on the clock with an average mpg of 41.3. A bit less than I was expecting in that 80% of the driving has been on the M5 doing between 60 and 70 on cruise control with the aircon off.

Had I driven my Fiesta 1.25 like this I would have been getting 46/47 mpg.

However, the engine is still pretty tight and i can feel it loosening all the time as my mi i.um speeds in a given gear without labouring are starting to go up a bit. That said, the gearing is quite high labouring at 30 in 4th and not being able to use 5th much below 40.

Still vry happy with the car though. Its very smooth and quiet. A bit more body roll than the Fiesta and lights, wipers, temperature cantrol are all automatic.

Its taken a few drives and I feel comfortable with the satnav now and parking with the parking pilot is a breeze.

Something which maybe a concern it that it is not possible to close the roof blinds from the drivers seat, which maybe an issue in the summer.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re the roof blinds, from a drivers point of view I've not found it necessary to close them. If a rear seat passenger is getting blinded they can close them o.k.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
No, i've had the blinds open 100% of the time so far. Just thought the car may get a bit too hot in summer. However if that happens, I will just have to close them before setting out.

The aircon may keep the temps comfortable though.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That's good to know John, thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
3 weeks old today and i'm really enjoying it. It's very smooth and quiet, though quite similar to the Fiesta to drive. Economy at 41.6 over the first 500 miles is a little lower than I expected gven that I amstill running it in very gently.

A little more body roll than the Fiesta, but not overly so, though the ebgine and gearing characteristics are very different to anything else I have ever driven. The gears are quite lo g and the torque band quite tight. Cant get into 4th gear below 30 and 5th gear at 40 mph.

My last 3 cars have had heated windscreens and each one is better than the previous. This morning, both front and back were cleared of ice in about 2 minutes.

Parking pilot is helping me to get into tighter gaps and its nice to have a built in satnav with no trailing wires.

Dashcam hardwired in on Friday and I seem to have everything I want in a car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I retro-fitted my scuff plates (2013 1.0 Titanium) and they were delivered with a layer of blue plastic protective sheet, which peeled off to reveal the silver plates.

HTH.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I saw some packs of scuff plates in Halfords yesterday at £9.99 per pair which looked very nice, even though they were generic. Would have fitted to my old car had I thought about it.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well, i've passed 500 miles now at 42 average mpg. Everything with the car is good except the auto wipers seem a bit tempremental, sometimes wiping when the screen is dry and causing a smear, but at others not coming on at all when I cant even see through the screen due to the rain and ive had to revert to manual operation.

Also, the sensitivity wheel seems to make no difference. I normally keep on max and turn down if necessary. Have checked the sensor area is clean, though as the wipers actually clean the whole screen, the area is always clean.

Strangely, yesterday, i was out at dusk and everyone had their lights on, yet my auto lights did not respond, so I needed to turn on manually, yet they have been fine for 3 weeks.

Just wondering ifmy dashcam position might be interfering with the sensors, perhaps.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes,the auto wipers can sometimes behave oddly. I keep mine on though as 90% of the time they work fine.
Same with the Autolights. Most of the time they are come on when you need them on, though occasionally I have to revert to manual !

·
Registered
315 Posts
I find it much better for me with the wipers on manual, you can change them in the menu.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I had them on a previous car and they were too sensitive, so i turned the sensitivity down. O the B Max, they just arne't sensitive enough even on nmax sensitivity.

My windscreen had so much water on it that I couldnt see through it. It got so dangerous that I had to change to manual operation.

If I turn the sensitivity down one notch, then back up again, it seems to start them off. I think I will revert to manual, but it's a bit annoying that an add on I paid for seems to work so poorly.

We havent had a great deal of rain, so i dont get to test them often.

Surprised they didnt come on when the screen was iced up a few days ago or perhaps they reconise that ice isn't rain.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts