Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Zetec, as far as I am aware, does not have the alarm as standard. Since I won't get it untl Sept. I have had to make do with reading what I can online.

I have noticed that some dealers are showing the alarm as standard equipment.

Surely this is wrong?

Geoff

·
Registered
637 Posts
Your Vin number typed into the FORD ETIS website will show you a long list of everything you specifically have / will get, on your vehicle. Press the blue arrow facing downwards on the bottom right of the site (once you have entered your VIN number). I have a titanium auto, and the etis site lists it as "Thatcham Catergory 1 Alarm System"

The Studio cannot have it fitted (according to the brochure) the Zetec can have it if you ask and pay for it, and the titanium comes with it.
Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No vehicle yet so no Vin Number either!

I am familiar with ETIS (I have another Ford ) very useful for many things, one of which is a printable service check sheet. I like to do my own servicing but it will be dealers whilst under guarantee.

It seems some dealers have got it wrong, the alarm is fitted on the Titanium models.

How annoying if you ordered one only to take delivery and find no alarm!

Geoff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I have a zetec model and mine has an alarm, I only discovered this when i was filling up with petrol and went to pay, i had my kids in the car and locked the doors ( cant be too careful ! ) and they were jumping around inside the car and it went off!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have checked on ETIS, mine has no alarm, the alarm is fitted on the Titanium. Never mind

Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts