Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me! I don't think so. Since owning a B-Max, I have noticed pretty much daily I'm the target of tailgating. I do not recall with any other car I have owned such frequency of this most dangerous of irresponsible driving.

It's almost as if the driver of the vehicle sat on my bumper regards the B-Max owner as a geriatric nuisance that must be intimidated at all costs.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I get tailgaters all the time, someone said on here that after fitting a rear camera it stopped.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've noticed this too. It's usually big 4x4 Tonka toys, or anything with a German badge on the grille.
I usually just ignore them.
It doesn't seem to happen when I'm driving our Lexus. It's all to do with trying to establish the pecking order.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
It may be the flat back end that makes tailgaters look a bit closer than they are. In any case, whenever I get one, I take all actions necessary to keep them behind me as long as possible and as slowly as possible. They sometimes get a quick flash of my brake lights too 😀

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too have noticed this. It does appear that owners of German cars seem to be the worst culprits. No idea why.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe us B Max owners are way down the pecking order then and are considered an irritating obstacle.

I must say the rear of the B Max has never been its best feature in my opinion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with these comments but I used to get tailgaters in my last CMax as well! In my Bmax I take great delight in surprising them with the 123 hp ecoboost acceleration. Within the speed limits of course!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I agree with these comments but I used to get tailgaters in my last CMax as well! In my Bmax I take great delight in surprising them with the 123 hp ecoboost acceleration. Within the speed limits of course!!
Haha, I've done that a few times. 30-60 is quite quick and surprises the Jerry built drivers a bit. Usually results in my wife screaming that she will never get into a car with me again though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh dear do they all do that? My other half grabs the door handle and utters expletives. Surprising how quick the rev limiter cuts in isn't it - so free revving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't know if I was being tailgated as I never look in my mirrors unless I'm reversing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe it's the world we now live in. So many people appear impatient these days when they get behind the wheel.

I read on the interweb of ways to tackle these idiots. One was to pull over, if I did that I never get to work. Believe me, I am no Peugeot crawl owner, I like putting my foot down when safe to do so. But I have to say that of all the cars I have owned, this one seems a magnet for bumper hoggers.

I will probably be moving my B Max on in the next twelve months for a Focus. At least with my old 2002 Focus I do not recall anything like the tailgating I suffer with this model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Our Other Car is A New Range Rover :smile_big: and we get them in that as well as the B-Max. :surprise:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts