Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fitted the door sill protectors to my new B-Max but the Ford accessories page doesn't seem to have a tailgate protector listed.

Is there such a thing? And where can I get hold of one?

Thanks. John.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much Davis_Zadian very helpful. It says easy fitting but if I have to use a bonding agent simple might not be correct! But I'llgive it a go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just fitted this one: http://www.accessoriford.it/printview.htm?marketId=IT&languageId=it&modelId=35&categoryId=18&partNo=1765363

It looks very nice and seems sturdy. It's stainless steel. If you want I can upload some pictures.
Mounting procedure is quite easy and very well explained by ford's guide, cutted sheets of paper (I'd call it a mask but I have no idea if this in english is what I mean) come with it to help you center it.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the kit is priced at 41‚¬+IVA/VAT/MwSt

Edited by: Pilitio

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi there,

I already have this fitted to my B-Max rear bumper by means of double-sided tape. Fitted for me by my dealer. I think you are using not a paper mask, but a template for positioning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I received all the bits and pieces yesterday and fitted the protector this morning.

The "bonding kit" turned out to be 6 pieces of thickish plastic with double sided tape on both sides. All for only £14!

The instructions were bizarre. First of all you have to cut out four pieces of paper. It was just like following Blue Peter 40 years ago! Two of the pieces are attached to the bumper to form a template for locating the protector. And the other two pieces of paper gi inside the revers of the protector to form a template for the 6 pieces of the "bonding kit".

All in all it took me over an hour to fit it but it looks very good and I hope it does its job. But what a palaver!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sir Shambling..I have just bought this kit to fit to my new BMax, and I see in the instructions for the bumper protector (and scuff plates) it saying to use cleaner to prepare the surfaces. What did you use (if anything more than a good wipe)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi kblair, my B-Max was only a couple of weeks old so all I did was to wipe the surfaces very carefully with an ordinary cloth and dry them thoroughly. Although the protector fitting was a bit of a pain it worked very well and certainly looks good too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had mine fitted today by the dealer for Euro 30. While it has no practical application it does look very good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The scuff plates seem incredibly expensive at an RRP of £ 110 for four. Are they really worth it? How easy to fit (just double sided tape?). Anyone tried cheaper alternatives ? If so (and if they are good), from where?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts