Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On trying to look for an answer to Walther's 'USB Stick' question in a different post on this site, I found a site called FordSyncForum.Com, in hope they might have an answer.

On looking round the site, a question popped into my mind about the whole SYNC system.

As you may or may not know, SYNC like most smart phones, can be updated with a software patch, when they become available. These updates may include faster navigation though menus, new functions, new applications etc...

My question is for those who have had the car for a while. Has your dealer or where ever you take the car to be serviced, ever advised you that "
<i style="line-height: 1.4;">Your SYNC software is out of date[/i]" and offered to update it for you? Have they charged you for checking / updating?

There is a version checker app that is free to download, you then save it to a USB flash drive, and then plug into your car. it will then check / report back if Sync is out of date.

(step by step guide can be found here:http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/check-your-sync-software-version-sync) Just press the numbers under the picture on the site above, for the guide.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Has anyone tried registering with this site?

I tried and received the following error:

The VIN I entered has 17 numbers/letters without spaces (I added the xxx to hide my number), so it appears that although my B-MAX is a Ford and has SYNC it is not yet recognised.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I signed up, but have notreceivedtheir confirmation email yet, was going to give it 24 hours to arrive... and then poke them tomorrow if nothing heard..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Spoke to a SYNC Rep. via their chat system:

UK vehicles cannot use this service, it is only for USA and Canadian VIN numbers.

Updates can only be done at a Ford dealership (ties you to Ford).

The updates come out as and when, so you will never know unless you have a service, phone your dealership or contact the SYNC support centre.

Support:

0845 841 1111 OR +44 13 27306605

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will keep an RSS feed on that site then so at the least we will know that there is an update , somehow I doubt my dealer wouldvolunteerthat information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello from Denmark!

I can see, that Ford is working on an USB-update in the future.

On Ford.co.uk it says:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any one noticed with fordsync that if a text message is sent to you that the Fordsync unit actually displays your OWN phone number and not the person sending you the text, also if you hit the reply function using one of the pre-determind messages it actually sends that reply To YOUR own phone. I have checked that my phone (Galaxy S2) is compatible and every thing else works fine. Looked ate website for any info but only seem to be for the USA markets. Any idea what ford department to contact, my dealer has noted it but cant find a solution at present.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I'm having this problem, i'm using a HTC One X, so I know that I am not able to reply as it's not supported, but it can still read my texts for me, but it just keeps coming up as "text from my number" Which is no use to anyone, I want to know who the text is frombeforedeciding if I want it read out..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts