Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to site...been looking through previous posts. I've got a 1.5 TDCI with approx 8000 miles on clock. Really pleased with the car but occasionally in the SYNC message screen when starting from cold - I get the chime noise but no message in the SYNC box. Then on starting the other day it did the same and flashed engine oil pressure low long enough to see...then it flicked off. Have had to had the car in for a software upgrade to do with global opening..same time Ford plugged it in and couldn't find any reported errors. Have checked the oil..it's fine ..at max so no problems there. Thinking now software or electrical. Has any one else had same issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update..car now back to Ford a 4th time. The computer says there are no errors but start car 3 times on yesterday and warning chimes and engine oil pressure warning light on. Have told Ford I don't want the car back till fixed. I hope it's soon. Think the car is brill apart from this issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, What is the latest on this problem please?I have a 1.6 tdci Titanium, 10k miles and am getting exactly the same problem (and response).
Ford say that there are no recorded faults on the car and they cannot see anything wrong when they have the car (36 hrs). Its going back in again on Tuesday but this time I have a photo of the message being displayed. I wonder what excuses they will give me this time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kaygee. Like you Ford did not believe me. I took a photo too. I phoned the sales rep I brought the car from and said that I was leaving mine on the forecourt till it was fixed and I want another car till then. They then had car 2 days...then it did it on them. I was told that they then "believed" and phoned Ford! When I picked it up I was told it needed a new "brain", complete manufacturer reset and computer software upgrade. I can assure you that Ford is aware of this issue as they told the mechanics what to do to rectify.
Drove the car away and it was like a new car.....
Touch wood no problems....
Hope this helps..I felt like I was living in a nightmare with the car going in and out...Turns out I was just not being believed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi yes that does help, I will update when I get my car back on Wednesday but I will be firmer now in the knowledge that this is a known fault and I am not going to be fobbed off.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep...don't accept it back unless they have fixed it. The fault on mine gradually got more re-occurant as time went on. Just keep on pushing it back to them. The joy of having a new car is it for it to work and be worry free not a absolute pain and being full of worry when driving that something is really wrong. Sale of goods act..must be fit for purpose is one to try with them if all fails. A car with warning lights flashing up is not that !
Best of luck. Hope all goes well

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes I have, I have taken my car in for the third time today, I have to say I was not happy this time due to reading on line about the problems being fairly common. I should hear how things are progressing tomorrow so will update you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my car back tonight, dealer said they had seen the warning message and my car required powertrain control module updating, so I will see in the morning if the problem is fixed or not. fingers crossed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts