Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi got myself a b max titanium 1.6 tdciit is a ford direct car 1 year old got it for a really good priceI am delighted with the car,I am not a fast driver these days and getting 65 to 70 mpg 56 to 60 about town not bad at all, The main reason I am on today is I have a nokia lumia 626 phone it sync ok Ican use the phone but I have to dial using the numbers on the radio cant get it to sync the phonebook hope someone can help me with this
regards
Ian

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi cowboy 70,Do not want to tell you how to suck eggs and I am sure you went through the process but when you sync your phone, after it tells you that the phone has connected successfully, it then requests you to allow your contacts to be downloaded which you must allow on your phone.

Did you see this when trying to sync your phone ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Where are your contacts stored cowboy?

Apparently Sync will only sync if they are in the handset and not if they are on the SIM card.

Check the small print at the bottom this page:

http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/MobileCompatibility/?syncCmd=findMobileDevice

It does not have the 626 but if this applies to the 625 then it will apply to the 626 I feel.

Other than that you just keep removing the link and re-trying to sync but I expect you have been doing that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for your help got it working it would also have helped if this stupid old man had read the book Ha Ha thanks again

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really like that Ford still lists the same old paragraph:

<blockquote>And soon you'll be able to simply download them [SYNC Updates] from our website onto a USB stick. You can then slot this into the USB port in your car and transfer the new services and updates yourself.
</blockquote>
As IF that will EVER happen.

Can't understand why chinese companies can make a 4-core Android phone for something like 50‚¬ and make it work.. and Ford can't make something half as usable in their entertainment system in a high-grade car.

Actually my colleague's cheap'o Korean car has a better entertainment system and navi integration. At half the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts