Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2012 Ford B-Max Titanium that has Sync.
I've been able to pair my phone successfully through bluetooth and download my contacts. However if someone calls or texts me, it's not showing who in my contacts it is from, it simply comes up with the number, since I do not know all of the contacts numbers I'm not able to know who it is from! It's really frustrating, any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

·
Registered
315 Posts
My phone sometimes shows the name of the incoming call and, some times just the number even if they are both in my phonebook.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Could it be that sync needs permissions to access this data? Not sure as ive never had this problem.

Perhaps try deleting the phone and pairing again?

What phone is it? Sync does not play well with all phones (e.g. my old blackberry). Ford supplies a list of all phones which work with sync.

Also try deleting and reloading the phonebook as this has worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Ian, my phone is a 2002 model 6310i, I am just thankful that it pairs with the bluetooth no problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You may need to select fiesta and 6300 to get a rough idea of compatability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi cianpars, yeah I have iPhone 7 plus and according to that site it is compatable.

Yeah I've tried deleting it and repairing it and re downloading the phone book but the issue still persists. Just comes up with the number even though they are in my contacts.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I recently had an issue with my Windows phone not pairing consistently after a phone update. I was told that the car needed a software update to remain fully compatible. It was done under warranty and now works fine.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
One problem is working out whether it is a setting in your phone or sync causing the issue, thats why i suggest pairing a different phone to see if it works ok. I had an issue with my old blackberry which i eventually solved by changing a phone setting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are right Ian, my phone is not on the list, but I do not plan to change it, my thoughts are that this phone will last me for the rest of my life, I even have a spare one ready for if this one breaks down, you can still buy on the internet refurbished Nokia 6310i phones.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yep, sync works great with i phones and android devices but not so well with older phones or blackberrys.

I did get my blackberry working by changing a setting and altering the way i indexed phone numbers.

Joined the 21st century last year by getting a new smartphone and other than working ok with my fords, i find most of the things i once used my pc for, i now use my phone.

I do wish that ford had made sync compatable with more apps though. I have over 100 apps and sync only works with 2 of them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Another peculiarty of Sync is on my first B-Max if you said "read texts"it would read out the latest text you had received, my dealers did not know about this, and my latest B-Max will not do it it says in reply this service is not available on this device.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sounds like a sync upgrade is needed then

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sorry, by that i mean a software update (although i didnt think an update had been issued since 2013).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the link Ian, far to advanced for me.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Dealer should be able to upgrade the software if needed but no idea how much they would charge.

Blimey at 82 im not surprised that its a bit too techie. If your b max is fairly new, it will already have the most up to date software i think.

When i recently delved into it, i thought the most recent update was 2013.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
264 Posts
cianpars said:
Dealer should be able to upgrade the software if needed but no idea how much they would charge.

Blimey at 82 im not surprised that its a bit too techie. If your b max is fairly new, it will already have the most up to date software i think.

When i recently delved into it, i thought the most recent update was 2013.
No, mine is 2014, had an update when i bought it one year old and had a recent SYNC Software Update just a few months ago after I had connection issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts