Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I purchased an auto Zetec from Carbase. In the folder was instructions for the Sync and sound system to my surprise there is no Bluetooth fitted. Is this unusual and is it rectifiable?
Also, there doesn'tappear to be a central locking button, Can someone take a photo of it for me?
Thank you
Elaine

·
Registered
459 Posts
the 2014 studio and zetec models had bluetooth as a factory option, doubt it can easily be retro-fitted
the central locking switch is just above the hazard light switch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't know about b-max but in Vauxhall zafira tourer they have buttons on steering wheel for Bluetooth hands free kit but the kit is not installed. It is an option - not impressed

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Are you sure there is no bluetooth? I thought this was standard on the zetec.

Have you been through your menu options thoroughly?

·
Registered
459 Posts
cianpars said:
Are you sure there is no bluetooth? I thought this was standard on the zetec.

Have you been through your menu options thoroughly?
certainly just an option in the 2013 brochure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was so certain it should be there I even got a dealer to check. There isn't even a USB port just a 12v.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info on the centrallocking. It makes me feel so much safer driving in town.When living in South Africa there were a couple of incidences when I had my window smashed and a handbag was stolen from the floor and another, when my car would have been stolen, had the doors not been locked.
Bummer about the Bluetooth .

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just had a look at my B Max brochure Feb 2013 - Interior features - Audio & communications systems - which shows Ford SYNC (Bluetooth) as standard on all except the Studio model.
Should be there on a Zetec then ??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds like the car is a Studio rather than a Zetec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looked at the paperwork. It's registered as a B-Max Zetec Auto Petrol 1596cc Registered 09/06/2014 Strange though it doesn't have a Zetec flash on the back of the car. Reg No CP14 BKL

·
Registered
459 Posts
from the number plate it is registered as
<div ="vehicle__info--row"><div ="col-xs-4 pane__table__td">Make Ford
<div ="col-xs-4 pane__table__td">Model B-Max Zetec Auto
as I said before the copy of the sales brochure that I have (july 13) indicates bluetooth as an option on both studio and zetec models.

also note, the ford etis lookup indicates there are
"Outstanding Field Service Actions"
for the transmission control unit and its software.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Also, Ford haven't been badging Zetec's or Titanium's for some years.

My Zetec Fiesta had no Zetec badge and my Titanium X B Max has no Titanium badge either.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Ian, I always ask the dealer to put a Titanium badge on my B-Maxes, which they are happy no do for no charge, but if you wish to do it yourself they are £20.

·
Registered
315 Posts
jackkook said:
Hi Ian, I always ask the dealer to put a Titanium badge on my B-Maxes, which they are happy to do for no charge, but if you wish to do it yourself they are £20.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Usually a recall or an additional item to be examined or changed at next service which was overlooked.

Sometimes just a software update that needs doing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts