Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this with the group. My SYNC was behaving oddly in my 64 plate BMax. The phone button on the steering wheel stopped working and the phone menu just kept scrolling repeatedly. Also, when trying to skip tracks on Spotify, the tracks would just jump and cut out.
Here's the solution:

Remove fuse 24 from the glovebox fuse box. Start the car for 3 minutes.
Stop the car.
Install fuse.
Start the car.
Wait 3 minutes for SYNC to reinitialise.

Voila! You're back in SYNC!

Hope this helps someone.Edited by: Kimdurose

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant take credit for it. I found it on a Focus users forum and it worked on my BMax so I thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If I had this problem, I would first try a reset in the information display.

If that didn't work, I would try the solution you suggest.

I had a couple of issues with my mk7 Fiesta, and a system reset solved them on both occasions.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Trying to use SYNC at full capacity according to my needs and noticing that SYNC sees no app on the phone, I reset it.Now B-MAX asks for SYNC file. What is it; how come it's been deleted during the reset?..? :-?
What's the solution; where should I take this file, please!?..

P. s. I read everything SYNC related on this forum; it seems to me (as well) that apart the "basic" features (as hands-free calling and commanding the playing of audio files from the USB connected memory) SYNC is unable to do what is supposed to!.. X( Is it right? Should I complain to the dealer or it is something advertised but not supposed to work? :-?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SYNC worked well for me for 5 years on my Fiesta, though I did have to reset it twice during that time. No problems with SYNC yet on the B Max.

I use voice conteols for the phone always and occasionally for the radio and USB stick. I never use CD at all.

When it says SYNC file, I think it is asking you to sync an app on your phone. Be aware that there are only 5 or 6 apps which will sync with the Ford system, though I did find a weather app synched, much to my surprise.

The only apps worth syncing are the Ford app and maybe spotify if you have unlimited data on your phone. If I rwmember correctly, there was also a mapping app that would sync.

I just dont use any apps that sync as that aspect of the system is atill in development and seems of litrle use.

Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
98 Posts
The SYNC app is basic and a decent colour screen with some sort of Apple or Android Auto would be so much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blimey this does work! I had very similar symptoms after taking the console apart as the module inside with all the buttons on had broken away at the top and was only held on at the bottom edge so it swayed in the breeze. I undestand how taking the fuse out and putting it back again might work (a hard off and on again) but I did need the run the car for three mins to make it work. Why's that!!!

Sync successfully rebooted, reset with extreme prejudice. In the faulty state I couldn't even get to the soft reset option!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I'd share this with the group. My SYNC was behaving oddly in my 64 plate BMax. The phone button on the steering wheel stopped working and the phone menu just kept scrolling repeatedly. Also, when trying to skip tracks on Spotify, the tracks would just jump and cut out.
Here's the solution:

Remove fuse 24 from the glovebox fuse box. Start the car for 3 minutes.
Stop the car.
Install fuse.
Start the car.
Wait 3 minutes for SYNC to reinitialise.

Voila! You're back in SYNC!

Hope this helps someone.Edited by: Kimdurose
Hi. My ford B max has started doing this. But my fuse box is completely different to that of the manual. Also I cannot see a fuse 24?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts