Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just posted a suggestion on FORD's website about power outlets on the dashboard of FUTURE vehicles they produce. Most people like to have their own third party sat navs / phone's in their car, but hate having the power cable draped across the steering wheel orgear shift(depending on where the power outlet is). Some locations are silly and in some cases dangerous when used as a power supply.

What I have suggested to them , is a specific power outlet on the dashboard, off to the drivers side, that faces UP instead of outwards the driver, so its further back on the dashboard, and would either reside under or behind the third party device it's sending power to (or on the window on the drivers side, dependent on what mount is being used).

This would give a far shorter distance requirement for the power cable to get toa power supply, making it less
dangeroushaving wires over the steering column, or near the
gear shift.

If the power outlet is not in use, or the driver does not have any devices that need it, then a colour matched cap can go over the power outlet, making it blend in with the colour of rest of the dash.

Currently the Bmax's power point is center column on the dashboard, and pretty low down. Yes it's great if you smoke, I understand that....but not anideal place for a power supply to something higher up...

Will wait and see what they say...... in a word.... probably..... "No".

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Davis_Zadian said:
I have just posted a suggestion on FORD's website about power outlets on the dashboard of FUTURE vehicles they produce. Most people like to have their own third party sat navs / phone's in their car, but hate having the power cable draped across the steering wheel orgear shift(depending on where the power outlet is). Some locations are silly and in some cases dangerous when used as a power supply.

What I have suggested to them , is a specific power outlet on the dashboard, off to the drivers side, that faces UP instead of outwards the driver, so its further back on the dashboard, and would either reside under or behind the third party device it's sending power to (or on the window on the drivers side, dependent on what mount is being used).

This would give a far shorter distance requirement for the power cable to get toa power supply, making it less
dangeroushaving wires over the steering column, or near the
gear shift.

If the power outlet is not in use, or the driver does not have any devices that need it, then a colour matched cap can go over the power outlet, making it blend in with the colour of rest of the dash.

Currently the Bmax's power point is center column on the dashboard, and pretty low down. Yes it's great if you smoke, I understand that....but not anideal place for a power supply to something higher up...

Will wait and see what they say...... in a word.... probably..... "No".
I think the answer will most certainly be a resounding NO!

One reason - your (dependent on what mount is being used).

I find the power outlet is in a very good position especially so when your cable is rather long. At least you can make a small loop or the extra and keep it low down. If the outlet was actually on the dash it would mean cable(s) hanging down on the dash becase it is rare your cable will be the exact length needed - reason, again - your (dependent on what mount is being used).

To many variables I'm afraid.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could have guaranteed you would have said that. All though my time on this site you have pretty much opposed anything I have posted. I have had enough of it...

Bye Bye Club.. have fun sitting in silence again. I am not going to see the reply's so feel free to reply to the post for the others benifit.

Anything I have done on this site, was to engage in conversation, show you fun things (you do know what fun is right??) , to show you sites you might be interested in, to show you things you can get for the BMAX... and at every stage of the way, you have complained and made out that you are the higher authority on EVERYTHING.

and I have had enough of it.

So you can go back to being the know all of the site. I will just find another BMAX related site.

Farewell !

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Davis_Zadian said:
Could have guaranteed you would have said that. All though my time on this site you have pretty much opposed anything I have posted. I have had enough of it...

Bye Bye Club.. have fun sitting in silence again. I am not going to see the reply's so feel free to reply to the post for the others benifit.

Anything I have done on this site, was to engage in conversation, show you fun things (you do know what fun is right??) , to show you sites you might be interested in, to show you things you can get for the BMAX... and at every stage of the way, you have complained and made out that you are the higher authority on EVERYTHING.

and I have had enough of it.

So you can go back to being the know all of the site. I will just find another BMAX related site.

Farewell !
Unjustified, surely?

·
Registered
251 Posts
You will not see this D-Z
But I agree with you. I will stay on the site but it seems to me that makem is always right and somehow seems to put other posts down rather than saying thanks / will try that or even good idea.

Come on makem lighten up and give credit where its due

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm afraid that I have to agree with SpecialK here

I thought that a forum site was for everyone to 'Ask questions, seek answers, have a chill out time'.

Seems to me that this is sometimes not to be
. Shame that someone has to leave under circumstances like these, as life is far too short for all of us

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all,

I respect everyone on this site for their knowledge, but did not last night.
.. and that was an error of judgement. To this end I apologise to Makem for my outburst. Ijust want to get along with everyone.

I hope that we can put this matter behind us. I look forward to talking / helping & larking about as per normal .

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've read a few of makem's posts and found them quite helpful. In fact, I will do a search for them specifically. Not sure what issues the OP has with him. What has he said to offend him so much?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Unfortunately there are not that many new threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts