Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm looking for help with my 2015 B Max it had been running perfectly but then it simply refused to start. The motor won't crank there is a frantic light clicking sound from behind the clocks in the dashboard all the dash lights seem to flicker and a message comes up on the information display to say that traction control is not engaged. This was news to me since I didn't know I had traction control! However having checked vehicle settings I do- and it is definitely selected. These are maybe the symptoms I thought of a flat battery but the lights dont dim and neither jump cables nor a booster pack change the situation. There are no error codes stored. If I think about it then its possible that there has been an emerging delay between turning the key and the motor starting to crank- very slight maybe less than a second but perhaps real. Has anyone got any ideas as to what I might try? I have tried dsconnecting and reconnecting the battery- it didnt help either.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My first guess would have been the battery, but you say that it has been checked, so , have you checked the earth lead ?
Not at the battery but where it joins to either the engine block or the chasis ?
Sometimes they come loose or get dirty enough to stop the connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first guess would have been the battery, but you say that it has been checked, so , have you checked the earth lead ?
Not at the battery but where it joins to either the engine block or the chasis ?
Sometimes they come loose or get dirty enough to stop the connection.
I'll check that. Where is the earthing strap- (motor-to-chassis)? Bty to chassis is clean and wholesome.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's usually engine to chasis and of the woven flat type but it could also be the regular round sheathed type of cable too.
It may be hard to spot, maybe even underneath the car, but it will be there somewhere, check it's condition and if it looks a bit ropey, replace it but clean the contact points on the engine and chasis before doing so.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I too would say battery. the starter uses very high current but not for much time. did the clock time reset?
without knowing the spec of the car, in particular which engine and alarm/demobiliser its difficult to second guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts