Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here so bear with me.

1. going into roundabout the 1.6 auto B max accelerated at full power by itself and only my standing on the brakes bum off seat was an accident avoided..

2. rattle on slowing down in gear box..

3. drivers seatbelt replaced.

4. rear window p. side has a mind of its own.. up down..ect..

5. when on incline on the road or like my driveway the car sometimes will not move forward or reverse ... the car tries it's best but feels like handbrake is on.. I must restart engine to regain control..

1000 miles on clock

Dealer took car for 8 days and although the mechanic said he had witnessed some of thee problems while he had it the aftersales manager said no faults showed up and the car is fine as on friday 19 of July..

Next day my daughter and I went to a local shop about .5 of a mile away.. On returning to my driveway the car felt like I was towing a ton weight..

I left it an hour and done the same journey to which the car felt really heavy...

Next day(Sunday yesterday) I asked a buddy to drive A journey of 2 miles to which the car dropped 8 miles in petrol consumption and the car felt labored and unresponsive. the smell of burning was apparent and when I squirted bottled water on the front brake disc and brake housing steam rose up...

I'm not stupid and reckon the hill assist is not disengaging but as the dealer say's there is nothing wrong with the car both belittling and embarrassing me in the middle of the showroom..

Any body else having these issues?

Thanks for your time reading this...

·
Registered
637 Posts
bmaxdublin said:
I'm not stupid and reckon the hill assist is not disengaging

I agree with you there. Unfortunately as an auto, you cannot turn off hill assist. Have you tried putting the car in neutral when on drive, to see if car rolls ok? (proving nothing rubbing on wheels causing friction from under wheel arches)

however my highest concern in your post is the acceleration that you did not initiate at the roundabout. Do you have cruise control? are you aware that you can initiate your last set 'cruise control'
speed by pressing one button? the "Cancel / Reset" button? With this button, you can effectively pause the system by pressing this button (giving you control back to the
pedal's), thenre-initiatecruise control back to the last set speed, by pressing the button again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sorry so long getting back to you

the dealership says that there were no 'Faults' on the diagnostics to back up my claim of sudden acceleration.

Sorry although a Titanium model in Ireland the specs are less and I do not have cruise control.

I had it back to dealer yesterday as to the short journey of .5 of a mile from cold, not using the brakes once yet the sound of metal clinking from cooling from the front wheels, smell of metalic burning and the steam rising when water is squirted onto the brake disc and brake shoe housing.
. The heat radiating from the wheels is like sitting in front of a fire..

VERDICT...

Dealer say's... after a test drive which the mechanic insisted I drive not him..Yes U read that right!!

You got it ..nothing wrong

Yes I am A mobility driver..

Hope you can see this video ... very shaky due to my condition but the end shows the heat in the brakes ..

Any help to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj3gO3lMfJE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wonder if it's the stability control doing the braking that you are seeing. This is a feature that is meant to allow you to keep control of the car while cornering at speed. The Stability control works by braking individual wheels in order to keep you on your intended direction, and not slide out of control, INDEPENDENTLY of what you are doing with the foot brake.

Now for me in an automatic, the stability control only comes on when sport mode is selected via the gear leaver. In normal DRIVE mode, it turns off. To contradict that, the manual states that it comes on when you start the car, so that may / may not relate to manual geared versions only. (I have no way of checking).

I wonder if you would get different results if you turned that feature off? Something you could ask the service people, or (and this is completely your own decision to try at your own risk), you can turn it off yourself and see if anything changes.

You can turn it on and off by selecting :FORD ECO MODE / VEHICLE SETTINGS / TRACTION CONTROLfrom the SYNC menu

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Car will handle differently from this point - Possible wheel spin,
<div style="text-align: center;">and corneringcharacteristics will be different. Take care while this

<div style="text-align: center;">feature
is turned off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.

Today at lunchtime while I was on an incline the car refused to move ...

Simply that locked solid.. It was brought to a different dealer as I refused to let if go to the original

one.

I will update you.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was offered by motability to take the car back because the malfunction notice kept coming on. It came on twelve times. I finally got a software update to fix it. So you have that option.
Robert Downie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi

the goodness of the car is gone now and I'm really upset at the future reliability of the car which I have to have as a mobility driver.

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi ... Sorry for not keeping ye informed but I have not been well and now my Bmax is in the wars again..

firstly the brakes problem was the hill assist switch been faulty and the brakes not disengaging
Simply that as I suggested but was 4-5 weeks fighting to get the garage to listen to me. the front brakes were completely replaced, discs shoes ect ect...

SO NOW I HAVE A HORRIBLE GRINDING NOISE IN THE GEARBOX... THE GARAGE TOOK IT IN TWO DAYS AGO TO CHECK IT OUT... FORD IRELAND CONTACTED ME TODAY TO TELL ME THAT A NEW GEARBOX IS NEEDED

REALLY A NEW GEARBOX AFTER 2000 MILES...

I THINK THE BRAKES HOLDING THE CAR BACK CREATED A CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND BRAKES WHICH CULMINATED IN THE FAILURE OF THE AUTOMATIC GEARBOX..

THREE WEEKS BEFORE I WILL HEAR WHEN REPLACEMENT GEARBOX WILL BE DELIVERED

HELP HELP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SORRY ME AGAIN

SUDDEN ACCELERATION UNSOLVED

COMPLETE NEW FRONT BRAKE SYSTEM

NEW HILL ASSIST SYSTEM

NEW GEARBOX

TOTAL MILEAGE 2256 MILES ON CLOCK..

WHAT WOULD YE DO..

MOBILITY DRIVER WITH PARKINSON'S

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

BRIAN

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you've got a motability car talk to them. I was having problems and they asked me if i wanted another car.I finally got the problem sorted and decided to keep it.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
bmaxdublin said:
SORRY ME AGAIN

SUDDEN ACCELERATION UNSOLVED

COMPLETE NEW FRONT BRAKE SYSTEM

NEW HILL ASSIST SYSTEM

NEW GEARBOX

TOTAL MILEAGE 2256 MILES ON CLOCK..

WHAT WOULD YE DO..

MOBILITY DRIVER WITH PARKINSON'S

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

BRIAN
So now the car is running fine except for that one time when it 'suddenly accelerated'?

Has it done that since?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts