Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing to do with cars I am afraid, just information I thought you might find useful.

Been on a wonder round the interwebs again, and found the following 2 websites that allow you to opt out of junk mail though the postal service, AND unsolicited phone calls on land and mobile lines.

If you register on both sites, and after the stated grace period, it becomes illegal for which ever company calls you, or posts something though your door.

Free to sign up.

To register to stop unsolicited Postal mail - >>>http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/what/

To register to stop unsolicited Calls - >>>
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html
(Remember to register Land lines and Mobile Services separately)

I am sorry international club members, these links are for the UK only

·
Registered
97 Posts
From experience they are worthless, if you question a call they hang up, most come from Countries that are not subject to the limitation.
To be honest I am not that bothered about junk mail, at least I know the postman has been.

If I get a call that typical start "how are you today "I say well I'm dying from cancer actually"

That really flumexes them it is quite funny hearing their sympathy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well now Rogerhume, you sound just like my sort of person.
When that sort of telecon comes in, we tend to tell them that that person no longer lives here. To which the response[from their end] tends to be 'Do you now the new address, as we have to contact them on an urgent matter'! The reply goes 'No idea where they are, they did a moonlight flit - we only rent'! + 'How did you get this number, it's only just been issued'? The tone turns too receiver placed to endcall.

I know they have a job to do, but pick on people who really care about it P L E A S E!!!!!!!!!!
W E D O N T

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been known to say "sorry someone is at my front door would you wait I'll be back in a minute" 10 minutes later I hang up. It was even better with manual exchanges when it would stop them making another call

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, know exactly what you mean.

We now tend to leave the receiver off the hook when we get one of these P I P, P I P, calls as well- just to help their cause

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may find this amusing then, firstly, this is not something for younger ears, so if they are nearby, make sure you have headphones on or something..

The actual call starts at 17 seconds into the stream, with full dialogue written out on the screen too.

<div style="text-align: center;">[TUBE]http://youtu.be/OD70Zaa3z-0[/TUBE]
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Not something I would like to try in england, but funny non the less..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been getting these nuisance calls, too, and I didn't put my number on the DNC list for nothing. I wonder how these people are able to violate the law just like that.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bilbopup said:
That's priceless!! Beats my reply when they ask to speak to me . . . . . "No! " and then I put the phone down.

, hey it's their phone call and their money they are wasting, may as well get a laugh out of it...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Too right. I have a variety of responses and get a kick out of running rings round them. I used to get mad but that raised the blood pressure so now I take the mickey so my nuisance calls are a much more positive experience

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's the best laugh I've had in months. Thanks D_Z.
So, how about we try that method on any Ford Dealer when they contact any of us regarding our vehicles

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just leave phone switched to answer phone if I do not recognise the number or caller does not post number,this appears to initiate a "Hang up"

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would do that but I have friends that ring up via Skype and that appears as 'International' just the same as many nuisance calls

·
Registered
155 Posts
in that case lift up the handset as they start to leave a message on your answer phone, simple?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sadly no, because the nuisance calls never leave a message anyway and because my answer phone is with Sky I never hear the message anyway while it is being left.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So Bilbopup, does that mean that your answerphone is up above out of reach, or does stupid Murdoch keep control
I've also noticed that the big pup has had a change of face, now he looks sideways - gives a much better image

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, I have no control over the answer phone
sadly Murdoch is the cheapest landline so I forfeit control. The other 'pup was one of the Bmaxforum's in-house avatars, so decided to put my lad Bilbo Baggins up there instead. He is an improvement

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had 2 or 3 a week. The last one I had was not a recorded message but a live person.As he began his speel i said "Your call has now been diverted to West Mercia Police, please hold the line".
Line went dead and I have never had a call since.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts