Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed previously but had my car for a week now and have not experienced it working.How do we know if its operating? I know the clutch has to be depressed to start the engine initially.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The system may not shut down the engine
under certain conditions, for example:
""¢ To maintain the interior climate.
""¢ Low battery voltage.
""¢ The outside temperature is too low or
too high.
""¢ The driver's door has been opened.
""¢ Low engine operating temperature.
""¢ Low brake system vacuum.
""¢ If a road speed of 3 mph (5 km/h) has
not been exceeded.
""¢ The driver's seat belt has not been
fastened.

For me, it would probably be the first condition, as I like to be cooool in the car...

EDIT:
My Brother has said that the engine may need to be running for longer in the current weather as its been a very cold March / April this year. Enginetemperaturewill take longer to get up tooperating spec, and by this time, you may have completed your journey. Which holds true to the Low engine operating temperature stated above.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
251 Posts
Agree totally with Davis_Zadian allthough I would have thought it would have operated within a week. Do you know that there is an on / off switch and have you checked that it is on ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My car (until i get my b-max) vw polo bluemotion is starting and stopping in this weather - but not as much as if the weather was warmer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello!

This weekend the Start/Stop worked for the first time on my 3 week old B-Max.
I have noticed, that it works, when the outside temperature is over 5 degrees Celcius, and all the other conditions - as mentioned by Davis - is fullfilled
Edited by: Sjust

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello all, yes I had a similar concern in the early days of my ownership of a Panther Black Titanium Ecobbost. Eventually realised that the outside temperature had not risen above 5 degrees centigrade. Once the whether warmed up, the start/stop resumed.
Good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seem to have led you all on a wild goose chase.
I have a 1 litre - 100ps but the stop/start is only fitted to the 120ps. Would you believe even the dealer did not know since their demo car is a 120ps so they took it for granted it was std on all 1 litre cars.
The on /off switch when fitted is next to the passenger airbag switch.

Sorry

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had my B Max since November 12, and so far have been satisfied overall with its performance. I did submit a 3 month report in the newbies pages.

Stop/Start is a contentious issue, not least because I always worry that the car will not re-start and its
bound to happen when I am in heavy traffic. That said it has not let me down....
until this weekend, all of a sudden it has stopped working! I have tried switching it off and on with the interior switch to no avail will have to give it a week and if no good then guess its off to the dealer.

Another issue that arose was with
sync...all of a sudden when I pressed the button to make a phone call the prompt said Sync but nothing else...when I said call (name) it called someone completely different and did so with 4 other goes
. In the end I decided to go into menu
and do a master reset which seems to have fixed it, although of course I had to re-sync my phone and iPod again.

This forum is very useful and looking through the comments it would seem that overall most of us are content the with B Max. For me it is still the eco
engine that continues to amaze with its acceleration and good MPG I have the 120PS. Later this year will be heading to the continent so that is when I need to be 100% reliable!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have not had much luck with the Phone Sync either, yesterday I said "CALL FLAY".... and the system started playing 'ColdPlay' from my playlist on my USB drive.....
which made me laugh out loud in the car... but still , did not do the thing I asked it to do...

·
Registered
213 Posts
D_Z,
I think Paul might mean the start / stop feature for while waiting in traffic perhaps. You know,engine switches off at the lights etc

·
Registered
155 Posts
City Stop is for use in slow moving traffic and is activated by getting close to the car/object in front of you, as I understand it, the brakes are applied automatically when you get too close to the car in front, it does not switch off engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts