Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Humblepie, you should be thankful this stupid extra is not working, I just cannot abide the engine stopping, so if I remember I turn it off every time I start, I do not think there is any way in the menu to turn it on or off.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't say I miss it but it hasn't worked since the new year but I thought it might be the cold weather and the car wasn't running warm enough. I am more concerned this might be the start of something more serious so as it is only 2 years old I have booked into the local ford dealer to look at it under warranty.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sometimes it doesn't kick in in this (warm) weather if you have a/c on and it hasn't cooled down enough inside the car. Or could be battery below optimum charge. Hopefully the garage will sort it for you.

p.s I find it useful, and only turn it off when i'm in slow moving traffic, or come to traffic lights I know will change soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply but mine hasn't worked since before christmas to be honest I haven't missed it, but am now concerned it might become a bigger problem so I am hoping it will come under warranty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Humblepie. The stop/start thing, relies on so many perimeters being perfect, it is easy for it not to work from time to time. Some of the parimeters are, engine temp, ambient air temp, battery charge level, auxillary power usage and many more to boot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks TheInstructor my car hasn't worked since before christmas I put it down to colder weather and the car not warming up, but since the mini heat wave it still doesn't work, where this time last year it worked even during a 4 mile drive to the station. Its going to my local Ford dealer next week so hopefully thet can sort it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Try doing a 20 mile drive using no electrical components.

If it still doesnt work, there may be an issue.

It may be that it will soon need a new battery?

TBH, if mine stopped working, I wouldn't worry too much unless other things started to happen.

A low battery is the most likely cause IMO. Give it an overnight trickle charge?Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your advice I will try a new battery if the problem still exists I will then take it to the dealer, the reason for this is I don't want to lose the car for a day and it will cost me nearly £30 in taxi fares to and from and I was going to change the battery next service as the car would be 3 years old.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hemblepie. Is having the stop start function worth the £100 plus for a new battery?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Europarts have a 35% discount this weekend. Use voucher code WEEKEND35 at the checkout. Should save you a few quid if you're quick.

My batteries last 6 or 7 years TBH. Hardly ever need to replace one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not giving a guarantee that it is the battery that's at fault, just in case you buy one and the stop start still doesn't work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update I have had a new battery fitted and the stop start worked straight off, yes the battery cost £101 it has a 5 year guarantee it is supposed to be good for 50000 starts but to me it is peace off mind if the problem occurs again I will take to ford. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
TheInstructor said:
Hemblepie. Is having the stop start function worth the £100 plus for a new battery?

Have you got the price right? I thought those "enhanced flooded 60Ah 590A batteries" were rather more than £100. Nearer £200?

·
Registered
106 Posts
HUMBLEPIE said:
Update I have had a new battery fitted and the stop start worked straight off, yes the battery cost £101 it has a 5 year guarantee it is supposed to be good for 50000 starts but to me it is peace off mind if the problem occurs again I will take to ford. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Update - looks like you got a good deal!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
£100 sounds a bit cheap for a heavy duty B Max battery. I hope it is heavy duty.

If you do a lot of short runs, it won't hurt to give it an occasional overnight trickle, especially in winter.

Just as an aside, give the earth strap a double chheck for corrosion and tightmess.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I strongly suggest cianpars that batteries have moved on significantly since you last purchased one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought my battery from National Tyres it recommended 2 batteries a 3yr or a 5yr guarantee, I bought the 5yr one the online list price was £111.00 but they offered a 10% discount online so it came to £101 that included disposing of the old battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow I'm glad I went to National Tyres. In February I had a new battery fitted to my wifes Hyundai i10 2014 that cost £48 fitted and old battery disposed off again at National Tyres.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts