Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad short soewhere.
It can be tricky tracking an electrical short so an auto electrician may be needed.
Start off by checking the earth connections for the rear lights and give them a clean.

·
Registered
479 Posts
my only suggestion is the replacement bulbs are faulty, try once more, but get the bulb from a different source.

for instance rough handling the bulbs could break a seal, and let air in, as could a manufacturing fault. - in which case the bulb would blow instantly.

let us know how you get on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my only suggestion is the replacement bulbs are faulty, try once more, but get the bulb from a different source.

for instance rough handling the bulbs could break a seal, and let air in, as could a manufacturing fault. - in which case the bulb would blow instantly.

let us know how you get on
Thanks Wiggy I think checking the earths is a little beyond me. I might take it to halfords were I purchased thebulbs from
and ask them to fit it, thank you any way johnmpac.

·
Registered
281 Posts
They will fit the bulbs for you, and charge an astronomical fee for doing so. But if the bulbs still blow they are'nt equipped to do any fault finding work, better to go to a good local independant garage, at least they will be trained for the work they do ( unlike Halfrauds ).

·
Registered
479 Posts
They will fit the bulbs for you, and charge an astronomical fee for doing so. But if the bulbs still blow they are'nt equipped to do any fault finding work, better to go to a good local independant garage, at least they will be trained for the work they do ( unlike Halfrauds ).
my car failed an mot on a rear bulb (even though it had been checked soon before testing, I watched them testing it- and certainly it did not work). the garage charged me £6, for bulb and fitting. -and five minuets later it passed

·
Registered
281 Posts
I still will not let Halfrauds touch my car.
My mate bought a headlight bulb and they charged him £20 to fit it on top of the cost of the bulb. ( They also charged £2.50 more for the bulb than a local motor factor ).
The job took two minutes in total, i told him he was an idiot as i would have done it for nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts