Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to my car yesterday afternoon and could not get it to start. I inserted the key and put my foot on the clutch but the steering lock would not come off. I tried several times including getting out of the car locking and un-locking the car but the steering lock was solid.I phoned the garage and they must of had the problem before because he told me to squirt the metal on the key with wd40 then put it in the ignition again wiggle it and it should work. I didn,t think it would work but it did,has anyone else had this starting / steering lock problem ?
I am still getting condensation some morning,s but not others ? Very strange, plus the heated windscreen buttons stopped working again the other day but are working again now.
My B-Max has a mind of it,s own, it,s a shame it has all these problems as it,s a nice little car to drive.When I mentioned the windscreen problem to the garage the manager said they had several Fiestas come in recently with heated screen problems. Ford must be aware that this is a problem screens not working or only half working ?
I am booked in for a service next week and will ask them to check my heated screens are working properly .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Carl. I really don't mean to insult your intelligence but do you wobble the steering wheel when trying to get the steering lock off?
also just as an aside, do you know how to tell from the inside of a car which side of the car the fuel flap is on?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheInstructor said:
Carl. I really don't mean to insult your intelligence but do you wobble the steering wheel when trying to get the steering lock off?
also just as an aside, do you know how to tell from the inside of a car which side of the car the fuel flap is on?
HAHA you are very funny !

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am going to give TI the benefit of the doubt, and answer his question seriously.
If you look closely at the fuel gauge, you will see that on the filler cap side of the Petrol pump icon there is actually an arrow which points to the filler cap.

Geri.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry for not responding straight away, I didn't realise I had a pop at you and if you took as such then I apologise. The side of the car your fuel filler cap is on is indicated by the small arrow which is nest to the fuel pump icon on your fuel gauge? It is on almost every car and helps no end when in and out of different cars.
Back to the steering lock issue. I was trying to be helpful (or so I thought) as I am aware not everyone has the same level of experience. Apologies again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TheInstructor said:
Sorry for not responding straight away, I didn't realise I had a pop at you and if you took as such then I apologise. The side of the car your fuel filler cap is on is indicated by the small arrow which is nest to the fuel pump icon on your fuel gauge? It is on almost every car and helps no end when in and out of different cars.
Back to the steering lock issue. I was trying to be helpful (or so I thought) as I am aware not everyone has the same level of experience. Apologies again.
Apology accepted,now lets forget about it and move on,cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts