Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my B-Max since last November and up until this month have enjoyed it. Now, however, I seem to be getting small electric shocks from the driver's door if I touch it lightly and dust/doggy hairs just will not come away from the plastic interior bits. I try to dust them off but the particles and hairs just home straight back in! Even the vacuum cleaner goes static when I use it in the car. Is anyone else getting any problems like this? I'm calling in to my dealer tomorrow after work and they're going to check the earthing. And they seemed very surprised when I reported it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">Hi, this may help you:

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Static electricity is generated by friction and other causes when a car is traveling. This Anti Static Car Strap prevent the unpleasant shock caused by the potential difference of static electricity when touching the car body or others areas. It also reduced static accumulation of dust. Auto Anti Static Strap is also helpful to eliminate a noise of wireless phone and to improve radio, sound and monitor of TV. The body is made of high quality, heat resistant plastic material.

<div style="text-align: center;">£5.00

<div style="text-align: center;">( Source Site :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Static-Electricity-Ground-YI-153/dp/B0057UNFDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366703385&sr=8-1&keywords=car+static)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went to the dealer and he adjusted the earth wire, saying it was a bit loose???? Great help there eh!? So thank you Davis_Zadian, I have ordered a strap so I'll try that when it turns up. It's a good job I've got short hair or it would certainly mess it up LOL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re static build up.
I have suffered many a vehicle with static shocks and it can be quite painfull and frustrating ( I dont think its just the B-max ive had fiestas and vauxhalls) I once had a fiesta that would shock me on the shortest of trip ( only when weather is dry) in the end i developed a technique of getting out of the car without touching it and closing the door with my elbow pushing the door glass but in the end i put a static strip on the rear towing eye and never had the problem with the car again, they will need replacing occasionally but well worth it if your static gets unbearable. I think its down to people and they way we accumalate static electricty and not a vehicle problem, a pain i know i have suffered plenty over the years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Morning D Z
It does also depend on what clothing your wearing, another option i found quite effective was to buy the beads you can put in the drivers seat ( the type for people who suffer back problems) they are available for about £10 - £15 from most car stores.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hope it's not the wooden beads that were all the rage in the 70's, they were marginally better than I imagine sitting on a bunch of nails(not that I have sat on a bunch of nails)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts