Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a quite old owner of a b.max trend 1l 100HP with titanium pack.
it has 16000km at an average consumption of 6.4l/100km.
Sometimes it doesn't start and it isn't, as you would think, a battery problem (I got a power supply from Ford Assist but no results). Somewhere a contact or a faulty sensor don't work properly. The simplest solution is to reset the computer (removing the + from battery).
Did some of you the same problem ?
I asked several times Ford ass and two times I was towed to service but the problem is still present.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you were towed to service, did the breakdown service plug their computer into the car to see if any error codes had been generated ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they did it. First (in Luxembourg) said that the starter is broken but after some time they said that it is a connection (pin) problem and they try to find it. After another 1/2 hour they reported the problem as solved and the car worked almost 2 weeks. The second (an East European ford service) just told me that they simply removed the + cable from the battery and put it back and the car started.
Do you know, by the way where the ODB connector iis located ?

·
Registered
637 Posts
as you sit in the car,there is a compartment below the headlights switch which opens like the glove box, open that, and feel inside and up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I have a 62 plate b-max with push button start but nothing is happening, we seem to have power as all the lights and stereo are fine , we also had diagnostics done and no faults were found . Any ideas please?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Stating the obvious I know, but have you checked the battery ?
If the onboard computer says there isn't enough charge, it may avoid trying to start, and losing all memories. I had this recently with my Civic Hybrid, the small battery under the bonnet went flat, everything lit up, but it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sfinlay said:
Hi , I have a 62 plate b-max with push button start but nothing is happening, we seem to have power as all the lights and stereo are fine , we also had diagnostics done and no faults were found . Any ideas please?
Maybe trying to start without 'all the lights and stereo' on, would make a difference. I recently spent 15 mins with the boot open and the radio on. That was enough to drain the battery.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
With all cars,if you make a lot of short trips with a lot of electriçal systems running,it dooes no harm to give your battery an occasional overnight trikle charge,especially in the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts