Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've bought a Titanium BMax with keyless entry with Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Engine. Does anyone know if this will have Auto Start Stop aswell. Thank you

·
Registered
712 Posts
Beg to differ there, Makem. I believe the Start/stop is only with the 125ps Eco engine.
Must admit I turn mine off much of the time, (don't like the starter motorbeing usedtoo many times !)
I let itit come on if I think I'm going to be stopped for a couple of minutes or more. Useful then.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes, you are quite right, not available on 100PS.

I also used to turn mine off when new but later I turned it off only when in traffic jams on the grounds, they know better than I lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got start stop on a 100ps. It's an option on European spec models.. Shakes like a fish when it starts up again tho, I like the fuel saving aspect but find it annoying at the same time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2013 Bmax (in 2016) 125 Ecoboost, Start / Stop does not work at all as I don't do sufficient milage to keep enough of a charge. Even if I charge the battery fully this feature will cease to function after the climate control has been on for 3 minutes. If I drive avoiding any heavy load such as the climate control it wil last about 2 days. Now admittedly this is a three year old battery but still seems a bit of a gimmick. I am curious if when the he EFB battery gives up a AMG would work any better. also at this time this requires Special, (costly) battery for a function that will maybe work for those doing circa 300 miles/week. I had a company BMW 320D on which at this milage/week functioned pretty much all the time. I welcome others experience with this feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts