Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just got back from a one month holiday and when I tried the start button nothing happened. Cant get it start anyhow. Anyone got advice please.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not much to work on here ? Is the battery flat ? The usual problem with the modern car relates to the key remote not working electronically, but I am surprised the battery has gone flat unless something was left on.

From your message I presume the engine is not turning at all, and it also appears that you do not have any mechanical knowledge. I suggest you contact a friend who has jump leads or a battery charger, you will soon be up and running.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
Not much to work on here ? Is the battery flat ? The usual problem with the modern car relates to the key remote not working electronically, but I am surprised the battery has gone flat unless something was left on.

From your message I presume the engine is not turning at all, and it also appears that you do not have any mechanical knowledge. I suggest you contact a friend who has jump leads or a battery charger, you will soon be up and running.

I am due for a month holiday soon.

Please let us know what the outcome of your problem is.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nothing worse than arriving at the airport after a long flight, getting into the car and finding it will not start !!!! Why not buy a battery pack from Halfords, fully charge it before you leave, and use it when you get home if needed. Allternatively by a spare battery and jump leads. I appreciate, why the hell should it be necessary, but £100 well spent is worth it if it saves you having to call for assistance.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I had one of the packs you suggest. I never used it! Having been stuck at home once I bought it.

At that time I didn't go on many long holidays so looking after the pack to make sure it was ready for use wasn't worth the effort. I forget now how I disposed of it.

Jump leads I do carry however should I be able to 'call a friend'. If I have a problem I will call a breakdown for which I am insured and paying anyway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you are parked on the upper floors of a multi story, you could always get a few people to push you to the ramp, and then jump start it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Return it to me?

Sorry, did I ask it?

Anyway, you can bump start a car which has (most now have), a catalytic convertor. However, t will do the CAT some harm and will shorten it's life.

This damage it caused by unburnt fuel passing into the CAT. That may not be so true today when cars have a totally different method of fuel injection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We all jump in sometimes and forget the obvious BUT...have you checked the state of the battery, after one month lying idle, if it's flat, really flat...dead flat, you may well get no response whatsoever when you press the starter button

1 - 11 of 11 Posts