Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yes we have all stalled a car, whether at traffic lights, junction or other embarrassing situation.But on the BMax it could be a dodgy situation, because the car need to be stationery before it can be restarted. So the procedure of restarting could involve braking and a resultant shunt, and in any event does take longer than the normal car that can be restarted with a key, or even lifting the clutch

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well its certainly more of a palaver with the vehicles fitted with the power button as you not only have to be stationary but you have todepress the clutch. My previous Seat Altea ecomotive was much better in this regardas the Auto Start Stop system restarted the engine for you when you depressed the clutch.
2013 B-max 1.6 Tdi Titanium

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Mine starts when I depress the clutch after stopping say at traffic lights where to engine stops automatically.

It also starts itself if needed to supply electric for something such as cooling.

I have never stalled that I remember but will turn off the engine with the button when nearly stopped and try to start it again before stopping. Strange if you cannot do this as you lose electric steering if the engine stops.

What would be the reason for it not starting if the clutch was down after stalling?

I suppose for safety reasons if you stall you should really stop, apply the handbrake and start from scratch again. That would avoid a sudden jump forward if the clutch was not fully depressed and result in a shunt.

Edited by: makem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts