Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know what spare wheel size and tyre will fit into the space in the floor of the bmax? I have a 2013 Titianium, the current wheel 16" and 195 tyre will not fit in, I tried one of my wheels it got stuck on the way in and was very difficult to get out. thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a feeling the standard get you home mini wheel is 145 x15, will check it out when next in my garage. I am sure this information could easily be obtained from a dealer..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but if you have a 15" wheel, and ford show a 14" spare, then 15" +3 (Tyre depth) +3 = 21 overall diameter against the 24" diameter I have at the moment. with a 14" this would be even worse. the max difference in Tyre diameter recommended is about 3% where as the 15" wheel gives 12.5% and the 14" wheel gives 16.5%. This seems to me to be a large difference in diameter and how would that affect the ride of the car?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just checked and it is a 125-80-15.... You must remember that this wheel is designed as a get you home emergency facility, with a recommended top speed of 50 m.p.h.

I have never used such a wheel but would feel confident that Ford would not produce any part that endangered the vehicle or its occupants. I also carry a Halfords rapid 12 volt tyre inflator that will inflate from flat to 35 ps.I. in 2 minutes. In the event of a puncture I would attempt to re inflate using this device, even if it meant stopping every 20 minutes to insert more air. A far easier process.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 2 of these tyres, have used the wheel several times due to punctures, once in France. They are only to get you to the nearest garage and are restricted to 50 MPH.
I ended up with 2 spare wheels inadvertently, one is in the boot well of my car, the other is in my garage and is brand new. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I was buying the motor I asked the dealer about the wheel cost he said it would be about £70 and as the negotiations went on he through it in.

It came with the polystyrene Holder, Jack, wheel brace, screw thing to hold it all in place.

It's a nice little bit of kit.

So I would get a price from the dealer as you need more than just a wheel..Edited by: pspec

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not know they don't provide a spare, just a re-inflate kit! It will take a bit of getting used to as I've always carried a spare, the latest a space saver 'get home' spare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts