Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New bmax arriving today! Ordered a spare wheel to take on longer journeys but intend to keep puncture repair kit in boot for local travel. Tyre repair kit has been taken out of the boot and dealer says I must buy it for £100! Thought the repair kit was standard equipment, not an alternative.

Awaiting reply from customer relationship centre.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not good customer relations is it! I'd be cross too. I bet you could get the kit for lessthan £100 though, by shopping around.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I too ordered the spare, and was dismayed to see that the Gel that was originally coming with the car was taken away.

<div style="text-align: center;">So I now carry SLIME in the car... (
)
<div style="text-align: center;">[TUBE]http://youtu.be/KA0G-a4dbuM[/TUBE]

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;">In the kit you get a bottle of the gel that you squirt into the tyre, and an air compressor that runs off your power outlet in the car.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Not bad for £25 (the air compressor is probably worth more then that alone)

<div style="text-align: center;">You can get it from Amazon :http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-50033-Emergency-Repair-Compressor/dp/B00336YCO8/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1367319688&sr=1-9&keywords=tyre+sealant

<div style="text-align: center;">Also I might add, if you get yourself a tyre pressure gauge, you can now check your tyre pressure from home without having to goto a garage AND replace the air with the compressor you get in the pack above...

<div style="text-align: center;">BE AWARE :Kwik-fit will refuse to repair a tyre with anysealantproduct in it.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Vixen,

I would have thought that you would have been told at the time of your initial enquiry, and/or subsequent placing of your order, that:-
'NO CHOICE' = Road Tyre Sealant.
'A 1st CHOICE' = 14" Mini Spare Road Wheel - for a price.
'A 2nd CHOICE' = A Proper Spare Road Wheel - for a bigger price.

In the Wheel Well, there is only room for one of any of the options, so, if you opted for a 'Mini' spare, the formed foam with Tyre Sealant would have been removed to allow the 'Mini' spare to fit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The price of the spare ordered with the car is about half what it would cost afterwards and the gunge option includes the insert it is stored in. I would never consider using the gunge for local trips as you would then have to replace the tyre unnecessarily. The wheel takes up no more space than the gunge and insert and there is only a small difference in the weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts