Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,This has probably been asked before many times, but as my first post, I'll ask it again.....
Having just bought a 2013 B Max Zetec, tried my hardest to get a spare wheel/tyre kit etc, but all I have is the gunk kit in the boot. Not really happy with that situation, would really like a spare wheel, not the space saver type, but the correct size. Stupid question, but due to the cost, would an ordinary Fiesta Steel wheel of the same age fit the B Max alloys I have on the car?

Also, I read that there was some difference in the sill of the B Max so a correct fitting jack would be needed? Is that correct?
Many thanks
G
P.S.
As with other posts, I'm now getting the dreaded front passenger seat belt not engaged alarm.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Simple answer. YES!
My supplying dealer of my 2015 ford direct Bmax was under no illusion that my Bmax would need a spare wheel for me to purchase the Bmax off them. All they did, because they told me, was take a kit from a Fiesta and put it in my Bmax. Job done as far as I was concerned.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Forgot to say, it does sit a bit high in the recess though.Maybethis is because it isn't a full space saver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the reply.Just ordered a pace saver wheel/tyre and jack kit over the net from car dismantlers. I'll look for a full size in due course.
Again, thanks for the reply, appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi The instructor, when purchasing my new B max in January 2015 i traded in a 62 reg Fiesta which had a spare wheel and tool kit so asked to transfer them to my new vehicle, which the dealer did. You are quite correct, the wheel is a little deep for the recess, but it poses no real problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,So I may well be picking up a spare wheel tomorrow. Its a 4 stud alloy from a Ford Focus, 195/60/15. As its the same size as my B Max, should it fit?
Many thanks
G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey redfive,picking up/looking at the wheel tomorrow. Picked up a spacesaver and jack kit from breakeryard.com but its not the regular scissor jack what comes with the correct kit. The lip looks the same so I'm wondering should I have the scissor jack or will this one do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HHere is the jack that came with the Space saver Wheel. The scissors jack seems to come with a longer handle enabling the lip to fit onto the metal sill right under the car where the jacking points are located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, bought a new full size wheel and tyre for a spare, from Bill Way car dismantlers in Cardiff, came off a Ford Focus(I think) for £25. Not the same to look at but will fit 195/60/15 with the 4 stud. Idea is that the space saver will be in the car for around town short journeys. I'll use the full size wheel for long journeys and where if I do get a flat, I can carry on.
The major surprise is after coming from a Picasso where you could fit anything into the boot, the B Max seems so small in comparison.
Anyway, here is a photo of the spare next to car for those interested. BTW, the prices online for original B Max alloys were ridiculous.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi again from redfive. Your fitted alloy is the same as mine, but it looks like the Focus spare will do the job especialy at the price you paid. The jack also looks ok, but i am not home to be able to check for sure, so hope it all works out. As you state, the genuine alloys are a silly price so you have made a big saving buying used.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi All,I have been quoted £150 from a Ford dealer for a B-max space saver wheel, tyre and tool kit.
There are all sorts of offers on eBay and Amazon but none seem to be complete.
Has anyone actually bought a complete wheel/tyre and kit? If so, how much and where from, please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Number6I've seen them brand new on ebay for as low as £35, thats the space saver wheel(with tyre) and jack kit.
I was going to get that one, but had already ordered the same used for £45 from one of the on line dismantlers. The jack is not a scissors jack, but looks o.k. See photo in the thread. I then visited a car dismantlers and bought a spare full size wheel from a Ford Focus. It fits in the spare wheel well O.K., just a little bigger but no big deal. So, I have a full size for long journey's and the space save for just around town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts