Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem a couple of weeks a go when a tire blew out on me . The tire inflation unit that came with my b max was useless in this situation so I had to go to the expense of a having a fitter come to me . So after I thought I get a skinny tire to replace the inflation unitbut I have come to a rather unexpected problem . My tires are 16 inch alloys but the only skinny tire that my local ford dealer supplied was a 15inch skinny kit where I needed to buy a tire separate . They were unable to say weather this was safe or even legal to use but still tried to sell it to me . So I contacted Ford directly to see if a 16inch skinny was available for my car knowing that you can get them for focus , mondeo etc but they all have 5 bolts to the b max's 4 . Only to be advised to contact my local dealer or ring the Ford technical premium rate help line . So my question is do ford make a 16 inch skinny spare for the B max or do I just by a odd alloy of E bay as Ford don't seam to know .

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I think a 15 inch skinny is ok as the one inch difference should be made up from the higher profile tyre, but not 100% sure. Dealer shoyld know, if not, ask another dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I might be wrong and shoot me down if needs be but i don't think it makes any difference. The total width of the space saver (15inch) with tyre fitted is around the same as a 16 inch alloy with lower profile tyres. I'm sure if you look on eBay for the 15 inch space saver wheels with tyre it mentions this....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Space saver tire (125/80 R15) have a rolling diameter of about 580 mm, and standard 195/65 R15 tire is about 634 mm - as you can see, it is much smaller than any normal tire, so it really doesn't matter if your tires are 15 or 16 inches. It is only for "limp home" mode anyway...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Morning all. I've just ordered a skinny for my b-max. Does anyone know how to remove the old foam fitting without damaging it,please. I would like to be able to replace it when I eventually sell the car.
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tee hee Hywel. I used to know a couple of girls who wore those. Mind you, I'm 73 years old now so it was a long time ago. Aaaagh! Memories.
I'm still enjoying the b-max, however. It is a car with many interesting features.
Cheers all
Cymo

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am about to trade in my Bmax for something completely different. I bought a space saver wheel and tyre which I will be keeping back. It has never been used. Is there any interest?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts