Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow B-Max owners and has anyone ordered a space-saver wheel, tyre, jack and wheel-brace and if so, how long have you had to wait to have them delivered to your dealer??

I know the car is new-to-the-market, but I would have thought Ford would have had plenty readily available as the majority of drivers do NOT like the waste-of-space/tyre-ruining emergency foam repair kit. I have waited 3 weeks so far and still nothing!!!!!

I can only take it that as Ford had a busy registration month, this is what is causing the delay???

Enjoy your driving!!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seems a bit odd as Iam sure it isthe same wheel as used on other Fords. I bought an unusedFocus one off Ebay for £20. But it may be the holding down screw that varies, I modified the one I useEdited by: rogerhume

·
Registered
47 Posts
I decided post delivery to have a steel spare and gave up waiting. I also saw that they cost £200. Decided to build up the spares from EBay recycled from other Ford models. Much cheaper and the screw fixing can be ordered from Allanford (I think) via their EBay site.

·
Registered
637 Posts
As with ModestMillionaire, I ordered a steel wheel with the car, I didn't like the idea of relying on some toothpaste (exaggeration) to hold the air in the tyre when I have a puncture....

·
Registered
54 Posts
i also ordered with car and all came together.

NOTE- you can only use alloy nuts for a very short time with a steel space saver!

You may need steel wheel nuts for more than a few days use. About 30p each from dealer.
I bought them for my steel rims (with winter tyres - god they are good in snow!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts