Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.Just introducing myself as a soon to be owner of a sparkling white 1.6 tdci Titanium.
I have traded in my beloved Kuga
due to poor fuel consumption around our Cornish roads. BUT, I think I will be happy with my new car and its low fuel usage and low tax band. I'm hoping to be getting around 55+ mpg (factory conditions are 70) which is way better than the 35 from my Kuga, so we'll see.
I'm due to take delivery at the end of November so I guess I'll see you all then.
Bye for now

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site

I do love the Kuga but understand where you are coming from and hopefully the new efficiencies will make it worth while. Autocar said that for space and economy you are unlikely to find better - and that was the 1.6 tdci.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whites are being recalled, look at the bumpers before you collect it, you'll notice that they are yellowish compared to the rest of the car, this actually is the same for all the plastic parts on the car but the bumpers are the most obvious.I had a Kuga with the same problem, don't let them tell you "That's how it is" or "They are all like it" Yes a lot are like it but it can be sorted, my Kuga went into a local Ford body repair centre for a few days and it came back out with white bumpers. I'm not gonna say that they was 100 % but they was a damn site better than how it was before. As i say, start looking at every Frozen white Ford you see, you'll soon start to notice the difference, some are worse than others.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Nitro-Si said:
Whites are being recalled, look at the bumpers before you collect it, you'll notice that they are yellowish compared to the rest of the car, this actually is the same for all the plastic parts on the car but the bumpers are the most obvious.I had a Kuga with the same problem, don't let them tell you "That's how it is" or "They are all like it" Yes a lot are like it but it can be sorted, my Kuga went into a local Ford body repair centre for a few days and it came back out with white bumpers. I'm not gonna say that they was 100 % but they was a damn site better than how it was before. As i say, start looking at every Frozen white Ford you see, you'll soon start to notice the difference, some are worse than others.

Yes I remember the bumper match issues - cannot believe Ford have not sorted that out yet!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got a call to go in and choose my reg number and my B Max should be at the dealer by 30th November which means I should be driving it by the following week. Yaaaaay!!!!I'm still depressed at losing my beloved Kuga but at least I've had the pleasure of her for 18 months. I blame the Government! If they weren't so greedy on the fuel tax I'd be able to afford to drive her! All being well, I'll love my new car and the pain will fade (sniff, sniff).
See you all in a couple of weeks XXX

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My B-max is now parked on my drive. It was strange driving a five gear car again. I found her to be very responsive and pleasant to drive.Tomorrow I shall befamiliarising myself with all the gadgets and generally getting to know her.

See you all soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.