Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got a 2016 Titanium B-Max with the built in Sony DAB radio. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a long lag when going between presets on DAB if they are on different services. So for example, Preset 1 is BBC Radio 1 and Preset 2 is Heart. They are on different DAB mulitplexes, now with my previous car, switching between stations on different services would be almost instantaneous. On this radio, the "seeking" message can sometimes stay up for upwards of 10 seconds before it tunes into the station. This seems a little odd, the radio should really be able to find stations on presets quickly and not seek them as they are generally on the same frequency. I'm in a strong signal area and it happens each and every time. Is that something everyone else has on their radios or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yep, I found that on mine. I also found DAB to be more trouble than it was worth with a poorer signal than FM and very limited range. I only use FM personally. If anyone can give me some good reasons to use DAB other than more channels, I may reconsider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.