Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least that's what it sounds like.
When travelling at less than 15 mph, eg. just pulling away after turning left (mostly), after slowing for humps and pulling away again, they rattle like crazy.
However, being new to this forum, I have read most of the posts and think I have found the problem.
Could it be the manifold cover?
Had new B-Max 1.6 Titanium Auto since late March and thought it was my imagination!
Also experience 'roll-back' when stationery, just a little disconcerting if the vehicle behind is a tad close. Never had this problem with previous car a S-Max Auto.

·
Registered
637 Posts
As another member pointed out, the bmax auto is not classed as a 'full auto' and you only get 3 seconds on hill start assist, to move your foot from brake to accelerator..
then the car lets go of the wheels... (not literally
)

·
Registered
637 Posts
You say that you get the noise when turning left, could there be something that the front tyres may be interacting with under the wheel arch's? is there any scoring on the front tyres at all that might indicate rubbing or touching something when the wheels turn inside the wheel arch's?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another reason could be if you have 17" alloys and the spacers have not been fitted or have come adrift?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Jason Bourne said:
The cheap USB 3.0 flash drive can be found in many different types of
stores, and they can also be purchased from online sources. People have a
lot more options available to them when they wish to buy computer
equipment than they once did. Computer equipment has become so commonly
needed that stores that do not sell computers often sell some of the
accessories like these storage devices.<div style="overflow: ;">

<h1>8GB Pen Drive
</h1>

Am I missing something, how did we go from engine problems to USB pen drives?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, after removing the snow shovel and warning triangle that I had stashed away next to the spare wheel (I know, I know) I took the car to our local dealer so they could look at it, but they found nothing wrong. After all that I still hear the rattle/vibration. I always have the car in 'drive' and wonder if I should give 'sport' a try and see if that helps. What do the experts think.
For many years my husband has been the main driver and great with anything engine/ mechanical related but regret dementia means I have lost that font of knowledge I always relied on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Primrose, When they examined the car did they take it for a drive? Is the rattle constant? They are so frustrating when you can't pinpoint them
hope it can be sorted soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Primrose, this is my first message on this forum, I took delivery of my car on 15th Feb 2013 and have had problems from the first few weeks, I have readyour post from Primrose and I have had the same problems (Has Someone left a bag of spanners in my engine). The car has been in and out of the garage and eventually they have fitted a new Gear Box BUT the noise and the roll back are still there.... so the car goes in yet again tomorrow 1st July and I have my fingers crossed that they will fix the problem ..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took mine in for inspection but the technicians, if that's what you call them now, could'nt find anything wrong. I am now keeping a log of when it happens eg speed revs rpm etc. I have tried 'S' (sport?) mode to see if this makes a difference (yes it does). If I can go back with all the facts, being a woman on a mission, they might take more notice of me.Edited by: Primrose

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes that is what I did, but now I feel that I can't have any confidence in the car as I am wondering what else will happen .... I just hope that I will soon be able to drive with confidence, and as you say we women must be heard...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Primrose, I have at last found out what is happening with the "noise" coming from the front are of my B MAX, and also the roll back. firstly the noise is coming from the gear box selector as the gear box selects the higher gear as you set off ready and the again to the next gear, apparently the gear box isn't like the older automatics it is a manual box with a selector box in the area that we hear the noise .. also the roll back has been changed so that it doesn't hold anymore you have justabout a second to take your foot off the brake to the excelerator before the car does a roll back either backwards or forwards, so if in doubt I was advised to use the handbrake,I have has all this confirmed by a lady at the Ford Customer Relationship Dept, she has dealt with all my queries and had them checked out by their Technicians, I have been pleased with all her help and I would advise you to contact them on 0845-6040019 . I do hope that find all this info useful .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Junemarch, I am planning to go back to my local dealer this week. Will see what he has to say. Think I was thoroughly spoilt with my last car, an SMax Titanium Diesel which I held onto for quite a while, however I decided to change it and went for a smaller car with the BMax Titanium (petrol) thinking it would have similar features.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts