Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,As you know , I posted pictures of my showroom model on the forum when I got the car.

Two weeks on and some kind person has scuffed my bumper and scratched one of the rear light lens while I was having my dialysis and not even left a note to say they had done it.
There is red paint on the bumper and when I go today for my treatment I will be looking at the red cars that come in to see if they are damaged. I am so annoyed

·
Registered
213 Posts
- A definite bummer. We do live in a Selfish, Uncaring and Jeleaoussociety culture.
Hope you manage to find the culprit, and admonish them accordingly

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's very annoying, Specialk!If you were parked near the dialysis unit you would think people would react accordingly!
As Fossil01 says, some people are cr*p these days, but also to blame are soaring insurance premiums due to fraud (bogus whiplash claims) and corporate greed (Accident management and contract hire cars)

John.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Specialk said:
...some kind person has scuffed my bumper and scratched one of the rear light lens while I was having my dialysis and not even left a note to say they had done it...

Oh no.... by chance did the medical facility you were attending have any car park cameras that were pointing in your favour?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replys. Being a hospital there are cameras and I contacted security and they have no footage of my vehicle at all, even though it was parked there for 5 hours

So I informed them that I would be contacting the powers that be and telling them their security and cameras are crap !! They might well as not have them.

I also checked the red vehicles. There are 2 regular taxis that transport dialysis patients that are redbut it was not them, so I rekon someone came in did the damage and dissapeared because they knew what they had done.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was going to suggest it might be an idea to keep a notepad in the glove box or door pocket, and when you park up, put the date and thenumberplate'sof the cars either side of you down ( and probably the car colour.... or failing that, keep a cheapy digital camera in the car and snap shot the cars parked either side of your vehicle, but then again on further thought, if the car is going to be there for over 5 hours, many cars could come and go either side of yours during that time.... Grrr. In this day and age you would expect people to own up to their faults.... did your car alarm not go off ? at least draw the attention to the area?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, the alarm did not go off and because we are a tight knit community in the dialysis unit if anybody would have seen it happen they would have let me know. Staff and patients alike know whos car belongs to who.Re: the scratch remover paste, I will take a look but after looking around the car the other day I found a paint defect on the drivers door which the dealer has said it is their responsibility so the car is now in their paintshop and they have said they will take a look at the scuff for me. If it polishes out then it will be gratis.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Specialk said:
.....so the car is now in their
paint shopand they have said they will take a look at the scuff for me. If it polishes out then it will be gratis....

Thats good news if they can sort it for you..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Regarding CCTV, they won't be allowed to tell you about anything captured on film due to Data Protection. Only a Police Warrant would allow them to release information.Unfortunately, people don't care about someone else's property and as someone suggested, the soaring insurance costs and excess have a lot to do with hit and runs!

·
Registered
97 Posts
princess max said:
Regarding CCTV, they won't be allowed to tell you about anything captured on film due to Data Protection. Only a Police Warrant would allow them to release information.Unfortunately, people don't care about someone else's property and as someone suggested, the soaring insurance costs and excess have a lot to do with hit and runs!
Yeh they readiily give an address from aregistration number if you park for too long though

Edited by: rogerhume

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
princess max said:
My Toyota was keyed along it's full length two days after I bought it whilst it was parked in B & Q car park.

The Police were able to view the CCTV.

Did you report the incident?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did not report the incident because when I bought the B Max I had to have a £250 excess put on my policy because of the panorama roof. I normally have a zero excess policy so if I reported it in order to claim on my policy I would have had £250 to pay.There are a lot of official SMART repair people out there now who do a fantastic job on just repairing the damaged area with computer matched paint and they only charge between £85 - £125ish for a repair.
I was quoted £110 and they do it at your home or place of work so not iconvenient, however after finding the damage I also found a paint defect on the door which ford are having to repaint and they have kindly said they will do what they can for my bumpe scuff whilst in their paint shop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all,A quick update to say I have picked up my vehicle from my local dealers and while they have been doing the paint defect on the door they have also seen to the other damage( free gratis ).

Shes like new again. A very big thank you to Polar Ford and to the salesman who dealt with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts