Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 63 reg Ford B-Max, for the past couple of months I've noticed a wet damp dog smell in the vehicle. Also on days were it's moderately cold outside but not cold enough for ice on the windscreen, the inside of the car windscreen is all fogged up. The driver footwell May seems soaking wet so I lifted the carpet and removed the internal trim to reveal a huge puddle. I then did the same to the passenger footwell and discovered the same situation.
Please can anyone shed any light or similar circumstances and hopefully a fix or process of elimination to rectify/prevent the issue.
I do t drive through puddles, all seals are in tact, no excesssive loss of fluids, engine bay is dry. I occasionally jet wash under wheel arches but nowhere near the amount of water that I've found swimming under mats and level of water retained in the mats!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated. I've attached some pics for assistance (please note the underlay isn't wet on the top half and none of electric wiring damp)
Edited by: Scottie84

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unusual in my experience, to get both footwells wet. My first thought was the windscreen, but that would normally only affect one side. I assume you haven't lost any coolant ?
Unless someone has more experience of this, I would suggest lifting the carpets, and watching while someone applies a hosepipe to various places.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Had a similar problem with my old 2002 Focus. As it turned out the water ingress in the passenger foot well was down to windscreen sealant. Contacted Auto Glass who resealed the windscreen which solved the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hadrian1 & Willow, thank you for your replies. I've removed the grill beneath the windscreen that encompasses the drain area/windscreen wipers. No blockages there. I did get my windscreen replaced a few months ago so that's a good about getting Autoglass back out to check!!
Thank you for your time in replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts