Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. Took delivery of new titanium x b max on Friday 17 June. Everything fine except I hear a quite faint rattling which seems to come from the rear of the car, even at very low speeds, when any kind of bump in the road encountered. It's not a metallic rattle, it just feels like some thing is a little loose - a piece of trim for example. But I've checked everything I can think of: parcel shelf, rear seats up properly, rear door closed properly, spare wheel and jack secure, nothing in glove box or any compartments. . . It's a small problem and I may be being over sensitive as I've never owned a brand new car before.

Has anyone experienced similar thing? any suggestions?

Apart from that the car is great!

Best wishes,
Walter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Nick. Thanks for your message. I just checked the number plate and its screws seem secure, although the the ends could possibly vibrate against the bodywork (they don't seem to be very elegantly attached! the bodywork curves very slightly away from each end of the plate). Did you mention it because you've had the same problem? Do you know of any way I can fix them more snugly (I suppose I could put some kind of wedging under the ends?)Thanks again for your message.
Best wishes,
Walter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I did

My car is not registered in UK so my plate holder is probably different, but it may be the same issue. Where I live we have plastic holders holding plates inside, with about 1mm space to move around. So I bought some self adhesive (kind of spongy-rubber) tape from a hardware store to take up the slack on both front and back plate, and it is quiet now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have similar noise on my 16 plate 1.5 tdci.
It goes off if I fold down the near side rear seat. I've kept all rear seat belts fastened to rule them out.
Checked parcel by removing from car, noise definitely coming from near side rear seat when in upright position
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi...the noise is coming from rear bumper. it is a hard foam between

car body and bumper. in my case i just put some other foam between that hard foam and body of the car. no more noise from behind.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had this noise on a Fusion, I solved it by getting a small piece of cloth and letting the latch close on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hiThanks for further replies. I thought I had posted a reply a few hours ago but I must have done something wrong. Anyway, wudy - I took the car to the dealer and they put some heavy grease on the latch that secures the rear seats and it was solved - so you were right. I think that solution should work for you too - could probably just use vaseline.
Jagerslo and jackook - thanks for your suggestions. I think in this case my problem has been solved but I'll bear your suggestions in mind for any future rattles that may arise!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.