Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Ford BMax for my daughter and she loves it but a few days after when locking it the nearside rear window would open by it self, I followed the window reset procedure which seemed to cure the problem however a few weeks down the line and a neighbour called round to tell her that the offside window was open. I will do a reset again but now my daughter is worried that if this keeps happening the car will be easily broken in too. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
This may help ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may help ?
Thanks for your reply but I have already read those posts, the software update may be one possible answer to my problem but that would mean a trip to a main dealer. Most of the other posts regarding all windows opening are about the facility to open them by pressing the key fob for a number of seconds and how it can be easily done by mistake which is not my problem. I was hoping that someone else had the single window opening problem and had found a solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you need the software update you don't need to go to a dealer.
You can download it yourself onto a usb stick and then install it, i did mine with no issues.
Try here --- SYNC Software Updates - FAQS | Ford UK
Thanks for the information, I will get the VIN number when I next see my daughter and will try updating the software and hopefully sovle the window problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information, I will get the VIN number when I next see my daughter and will try updating the software and hopefully sovle the window problem
It seems you need to have Ford Sync to be able to dowload software, after entering my VIN number on the Ford site it says your car does not have Sync, so it seems I am back to a visit to the main dealer if I want to update the software

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ford Sync is the name given by ford to the radio setup in the B-max.
Strange if your car does not have it, but i suppose the previous owner could have swapped it out.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have seen central locking get confused after the car battery has been flat or low voltage. eventually replacing the battery did the job properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ford Sync is the name given by ford to the radio setup in the B-max.
Strange if your car does not have it, but i suppose the previous owner could have swapped it out.
No the radio setup is the standard Ford B-Max for the 2013 model my daughter has, the strange thing was when I used the registration number it came up blank but it did recognised the VIN number and came up with the right details but says it does not have sync on this vehicle. but it does it's one of the older versions and maybe they nolonger support that model. I will make a enquiry on their site why this is happening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen central locking get confused after the car battery has been flat or low voltage. eventually replacing the battery did the job properly.
Thanks for your reply but the battery is okay, this happens after the car has been locked for a period of time not when she first locks the car, resseting the windows cures it for awhile but the problem returns. the window are moving freely so it not the pressure switch. Looking on forums shows this is happening to other owners and not just on Ford vehicles. I have never had this problem myself and I have owned many types of vehicles with electric windows. The problem for my daughter is this leaves her car open to theft.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Could it be something to do with a faulty BCM ?
Probably clutching at straws i know but ya neva know !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could it be something to do with a faulty BCM ?
Probably clutching at straws i know but ya neva know !
Thanks for the reply, but I would have expected other symtems showing if the BCM was faulty, but I do think the software could be an issue unfortunatly when I have gone to the Ford website and entered the cars VIN number to get the latest download it says this car does not have Ford Sync which is not right it has Sync 1.1 fitted as standard so I have hit another brick wall. I have sent a email to Ford UK asking why the website download function is stating wrongly that my daughters car has not got sync when it has, the only possibletly is sync 1.1 is not supported but it should say this and not that it is not fitted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts