Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my bmax has started displaying some very alarming traits, it happens frequently, but when my garage 'test drive' it they can not reproduce the faults....n e info available for this brand new newbie?God bless
phil

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Dave, which engine and gearbox have you got ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jackkocksorry I'm not mechanically minded, but bough a brand new 1.6 auto.it's now got 7k on the clock, and I'm having probs with the dealership
a n probs with yours?
blessings
phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is much conflicting information, as our local main dealership (Newport s.Wales) advised that Ford UK have advised them to only investigate when the customer brings the fault to their attention. Further there are so many waiting for the clutch packs that there is a considerable waiting list!It's a very poor advert for Ford, some will say "you get faults with most new models, but there are generally openly addressed.........my garage is still saying they have had no contact from Ford UK in relation to this problem, I find that difficult to believe.
The point is, as a disabled driver, it's more to me than a car....it represents my independence, I went for Ford against my better judgment, and the opinion of many of my friends, so at the tender age of just 5 months I am sick of the worry that the car as brought me. I have advised Ford that I believe the vehicle is not 'fit for purpose' as this will now be the forth test drive they have had to locate the fault. I in turn have been to my garage on three occasions traveling approx 95 miles to assist them in locating the shudder, and they have asked me to return again, as they say they are unable to locate the fault, this, after the mechanic sat beside me in the car, experienced the shudder first hand, diagnosed the fault, recommended a software up date, and test drove it, to check it worked ok. obvious problem with that was that the car was tested while cold, and as I had already explained on numerous occasions, the fault generally becomes evident when the engine has reached working temperature.
I have chalked it up to experience, and will avoid the dreaded Ford badge again at all costs
God bless
phil

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mine has been OK Dave, 10000 miles so far, but it is different spec to yours, it is 1.6Diesel with manual gearbox.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update: Shudder, grunts, and burning smells.
I have been requested to return again to the Ford Dealership, to advise them again of the fault! I have wasted my time and effort explaing the nature of the worrying shudder, as the information seems unable to penatrate further than the front desk.
I am concerned regarding the facts relating to the faulty oil seal, that I am advised (Ford main dealership Newport sWales), fails under stress when the engine is hot. The result is that hot oil is sprayed over the clutch plates, resulting in the 'shudder'.
The responces from the garages I have spoken with, has been abissmal.
Is it just me! Ford UK are aware they have problem with the seal, that affects an unknown number of B Max and other models, yet when dealerships are presented with the fault, they do everything, bar reasure the owner. tIn my case they failed, miserably.
My brand new car has been nothing but worry to me, I now store the lawn mower in it, as it frees up space in the other shed!
God Bless

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues, do you have another dealer nearby you could try instead? You don't have to deal with the one you bought from and from experience some can be really helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's an automatic it's the clutch / gearbox.Ford are aware of the problem but havn't worked out how to get their head out of the sand yet!
I've got a similar problem, together with hundreds more B-Max, C-Mac, Fiesta and Focus owners who have the Powershift box
Hopefully, before customers leave their marque in droves they will see the light and authorise a recall to resolve the design fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts