Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a year old on the 26th and i have tentatively sort out costs for the first service of my 1.0 (120) ecoboost.

I have had different prices from two dealers £139.80 and £131.00 both with the 'free' roadside assistance.

Both are Ford main dealers.

Anybody got a better quote????

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When I bought my B-MAX I was given two 'free' services, 2013 and 2014. I promptly forgot about these and arranged a service at a more local premises to where I made the initial purchase and also with a different company.

My first service two weeks ago cost £94 and included everything, oils, etc. also the roadside assistance you mention. I had arranged a monthly payment plan via this company so I paid nothing then, the £94 having already been paid. The company arranging the service payments was Emac, the service agents were Lookers Ford.

When putting away the service record I came across the two 'free' services and swore as you can imagine. However, the first free service was dates 3rd November 2013 so, I decided to cancel my service plan and have another first service done 'free'. This is due 29th Oct. and I have removed the service sticker placed in the car by the previous agents and will keep the service book at home saying I have forgotten it.

The reason for this subterfuge is not only because I paid £94 for nothing but I have lost confidence in that particular agent who employ young girl receptionists at least one of whom didn't know left from right and seemed to be thinking more about her looks than my car.

The short answer to your question is £94, sorry for the long story. I did ask about the cost of the second service but have forgotten what it was. If you are interested, I can ask. I know the plan was for 7 years and the cost was supposed to remain the same @ £15+ per month with a £25 get-out fee I wasn't told about and therefore didn't pay.

I was under the impression, obviously wrongly that all Ford agents charged the same fees for the first 3 services and made uncontrolled money on other things out of warranty or accessories.

EDIT: Mine is also a 1L Ecoboost with 8.5k on the clock

The 2 year service cost will be£189

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just booked my 2nd service for October £180

All ford dealers now have access to a system that shows the cheapest ford dealer for servicing in a 100 mile radius.

Get them to check it and match it!!

I saved £18 quid - not a lot but better in my pocket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been away from the site but now i am back!

3 rd service due- in fact 700 miles overdue!

guess what? two dealers one quote £185 the other ........ £ 240!!!! and i asked the more expensive one to use Ford's price match to check other dealers in the area.

Dont believe what they tell you! shop around.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My local ford dealer (other dealers are the same too) offer a price matching service! They obviously don't advertise this fact but they do offer it. As long as the garage quoting you uses genuine ford parts. Even if they can't match it, they get pretty damn close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts