Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the mileage intervals are between services and will I get a prompt in the display? I have heard a major service is around the £300 mark through a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unless you were doing a high mileage, you wouldn't need a major service every year (?)
On previous cars I've had a full service every two years, with an intermediate service in between.

On cars used by fleet operators, they are quoted longer service intervals. Not because cars are that much better these days, but because it helps to sell their vehicles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok but is there a service prompt in the dash display?

I recall with my old Focus, service intervals were every 15000 miles. I wonder if this is the same for the B MaxEdited by: Willow

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cant remember the mileage offhand, but yearly or x miles whichever comes first to maintain warranty.

Trustford quoted me £199 for a minor service, i.e. an oil chang and £299 for a major.

Years 1 and 2 are minor and year 3 is a major.

A lot cheaper if you ask an independant to do a manufactures service.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes Willow it does come up in the display when the service is due.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankschaps.

I think I will wait till I get the on screen prompt. The next service interval is 37,000 according to Ford. I've done 33,000

·
Registered
161 Posts
I changed the oil (Ecoboost 1.0) yesterday. The oil was very dirty despite 7,000 miles since I last changed it. Fair to say I do some short journeys which is contributing to dirty oil.Next time i'll change it at 5,000. Oil and filter only costs £33.
Thecolour of the dipstick makes it difficult to check the condition of oil.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
pegleg said:
I changed the oil (Ecoboost 1.0) yesterday. The oil was very dirty despite 7,000 miles since I last changed it. Fair to say I do some short journeys which is contributing to dirty oil.Next time i'll change it at 5,000. Oil and filter only costs £33.
The colour of the dipstick makes it difficult to check the condition of oil.
I wipe my dipstick with white toilet tissue. That shows the colour of the oil pretty well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Willow, yep indeedy. I do something similar but I use white cloth, I also feel for filings. As for services.... the bmax does have an interval reminder and even when servi ed correctly the 'light' has to be reset correctly.IF you go to your main dealer for the service. PLEASE. PLEASE. Take some advice. Go in to them and ask them to price match. They will ask you the cheapest quote you have got from local garages and they will adjust their pricing accordingly. Well worth doing to keep your service book stamped by main dealers without paying their premiums. BUT YOU MUST GO IN AND SPEAK TO THE DEALER YOU USE AND RING UP.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gosh! That's a new one. I have never heard of dealers price matching on services. Are you based in the UK Thelnstructor? I'm pretty sure if I posed that question to my local dealer the response would not be in my favour.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am in the UK, more precisely in Hull. You have to go into the dealer though and usually they will refer you to the Service manager. He adjusts the £90 per hour labour charge that Ford charge. But rest assured they can and do price match.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ford Motorcraft terms and conditions state that they will price match like for like jobsfrom a local garage within a five mile radius of the Ford dealership,providing they are members of the Motor Industry Code of practice. You need to produce a written quotation.

Edited by: pegleg

·
Registered
107 Posts
pegleg said:
Ford Motorcraft terms and conditions state that they will price match like for like jobsfrom a local garage within a five mile radius of the Ford dealership,providing they are members of the Motor Industry Code of practice. You need to produce a written quotation.

Very interesting - thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
pegleg said:
Thecolour of the dipstick makes it difficult to check the condition of oil.

The May 2017 Car Mechanics magazine featured the Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost. They recommended that because the engine is very high performance for its size, the oil and filter should be changed every 6000miles/six months.The correct oil is SAE 5W-20. If SAE 5W-30 is used it can cause catastrophic engine failure.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's very good advice, maybe even more often depending how the car is driven.I used to have a very short run to work of only 2miles which ruined the oil very quickly so I changed it every 3,500 miles.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pegleg, at 2 miles per journey, 4 miles per day that works out at 850 days to work n back. An oil change every 2 an half years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nope, around every six months. The car was used not just to go to work and back.But all those cold starts knackered the oil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts