Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi., I got my b-max 1.5 tdci zetec in Feb. had recall for heater cable in July, waited 20 mins. for job to be done. I did ask my dealer why there was no place in the handbook for services to be recorded, and was surprised to be told that it was all recorded electronically now. So if you sold car privately you would have to down load service record. I wonder if there would be a charge for this from Ford?Regards to all , gasjockey.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yearly services still get manually recorded in the service book surely. Intermediate things such as an update, you are issued with a document stating what has been done. That has been my experience so far but I am due for a first year service soon so will know for certain. I always have made a point of asking for records.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wrong!

The service is no longer recorded in a service book.

Extract from Service Portfolio (Page 20):

"Make sure you are given an updated copy of the Digital Service Record printout every time you have your vehicle serviced."

This begs the question, "What if you use a 'free agent' service garage?" Will they have access to these records?

·
Registered
96 Posts
"ETIS" allows you to generate a service schedule and it lists all actions to be taken.
This could form the basis of a good service record if mileages etc are recorded, and receipts for Ford oil and parts used kept with it?

Geoff

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I doubt that receipts would be kept but it would record what was done/fitted/changed so if it was not free then it must have been paid for.

Somebody here had a service recently, he should know exactly when is recorded.

As for the ETIS service list I seem to remember quite a few of those said "if appropriate". The list also said, "Independent Operator Version", so maybe that means it is for non-Ford approved places?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I had my first service (car that is!) today.

In view of previous posts I thought I would mention a few things:

There is a Service Book (Contrary to what the manual says) and the service technician has stamped the first place. I had not found that book previously and had assumed as said in the handbook that it was no longer supplied. I did notice that the dealer who sold the car had not stamped the pre-delivery inspection place.

My tyres where equally worn by 15% leaving 7mm tread on all after over 7k miles. (good driving?)

I had the handbrake adjusted as it was too high when fully applied and the car moved slightly when parked on a hill. I saw a previous post which said an agent had stated that the handbrake could not be adjusted. I am certain it has been adjusted.

I asked for and was given a copy of that service for my records.

The service cost was £94.55 (do Ford dealers all charge the same?) This was paid monthly @ £15.85 and this amount will not change unless VAT changes. The 2 year service cost will be£189, again paid monthly. The payments add up to the cost of services, no reduction.

By paying monthly I get 10% reduction on anything purchased and a free courtesy car for which I do not have to pay the insurance although I have an 'argument'. each time. I just say we signed a contract and they back down.

I was given a Ford Assistance 12 certificate which allows free road side assistance for 12 months. I understand this means on breakdown the car will be taken to the nearest ford dealer if it cannot be fixed. That is fine for me in the UK but I need to find if I can get separate EU cover.

The reception person (male) went to great pains to ask if everything had been dealt with and asked several times if I had any other things he could assist with. He mentioned several times that Ford would be sending out a questionnaire about how customers are dealt with.

It would be interesting if members could post some information about their first service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's a year old on the 26th and i have tentatively sort out costs for the first service of my 1.0 (120) ecoboost.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I have had different prices from two dealers £139.80 and £131.00 both with the 'free' roadside assistance.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Both are Ford main dealers.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Anybody got a better quote????

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine is not due Servicing until next middle of next month, so like the rest of us I am investigating what you get for your money. One aspect is the 'Roadside Assistance', and as an earlier poster mentioned the level of cover I decided to read the small print.
It mentions Recovery, but apparently this is only to the 'Nearest Ford Dealer'. That ain't much good if I am on the way home from Holiday and it means the nearest Dealer to the breakdown. Getting the Car stranded a couple of hundred miles out is no good to me, I want the nearest Dealer to where I live. Am I reading this correctly, in which case then the cost of Service is the only factor, or does it mean the nearest to where I live?
Has anyone had experience of the level of service this provides?

Geriatricus

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will have to check the recovery warranty again tomorrow because I have just suspended my AA relay for 12 months; but the way I read it was that Ford would lift you to the nearest Ford dealer; AND transport you to your home. Comments please.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have just telephoned the AA about increasing my breakdown cover from the Roadside Assistance 12 supplied free when I had the vehicle serviced at a Ford dealer.

I was told that Ford had asked the AA to give me full cover until 17th Sept. 2014. Both I and the AA rep. have no idea why Ford should do that as according to their letter I need to pay the AA £60.01 to keep the same level of cover.

Of course I will not query this with Ford and the AA say unless Ford find they have made an error, in which case they would notify me, I will have the full cover to the date mentioned.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good for you !! In this day and age roadside assistance is of little use;cars are just too technical. Relay is a minimum, and presumably valid for the first 12 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Makem.

I am a new B max owner (see my first post in ordering). I am waiting for my dealer to come up with a service plan quote.
In your post 18 September 2013 you mention service costs of £94.55 for first service and £189 for second, this cost you £15.85 a month.
My questions
1. What is included in service cost labour & materials?
2. The first service is only oil change + a few checks, 2 year service as 1st plus change brake fluid etc, presumably more work in later years. Is £15.85 times 48 = £760.80 for say four years value for money in your opinion?
Interested so that I can get a feel for when my local Ford dealer comes up with a costing. I am only likely to do about 5000 miles a year.

See you live Chelmsford I live in Wickford and local dealer Lookers SWF
Thanks

Edited by: Bmaxowner

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I actually cancelled my service plan after the first service!

I remembered as part of the purchase deal, I was given two free services!

Must be getting old.

I still have one more to go which will take me up to 3 years old and maybe due for a change. just before that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts