Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car is two years old and finding this forum today I'm seeing problems we have had / got.

One first service they re-installed computer software and it sorted some problems.

1. We had passenger seat belt warning, cure, they re-set computer .
2. Electric windows would not close/open, cure, they re-set computer .
3. Odd screen messages.

Second service.
1..Windscreen - Front .. sometime part works / all works / or does not work.
2..Windscreen - Rear.. works / or does not work.
3.. Offside front strut leaking Being done under warranty.
4.. Rapid Front Tyre wear (only done 21000 miles ! ) .
5.. Wear on drivers seat belt.
6.. Odd messages pop up for few seconds on screen !.
7.. Engine cooling fan cuts in when engine is cold and other random times when not needed (checked with infrared thermometer ).
8. No water temp gauge.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine is in for its second service today and I need new disks and break pads on the front! I've only done 17000! I think this is linked to the increased weight of the car. I had a Fusion before and only had break pads done around 48000. Can't believe I have become more heavy footed over the last two years. I had that problem with the windows ie opening and shutting on their own - oh joy. I finally think I have fixed it but who knows. I honestly think the build quality of the car is poor. I have the basic blue paint work and it is so thin.
Sorry for all your problems too. Part of me wishes I'd had a new Fusion at reduced price because it had been superceded.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our front pads are only 20% worn, I use engine braking a lot ! and not a heavy foot
I called in the dealers yesterday asking about this front shocker that's leaking and they said its not a warranty item but they are replacing it out of good will
but I'm not sure if they are replacing the seat-belt that's fraying as there must be a sharp edge (it should not be like that after two years ! ) .
The other 6 items I told them about because they all worked when they looked a the car no action was taken (that's not good enough ).
We have the basic Blue and it's very thin .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the strut replaced for free last Thursday.
That morning was frosty and guess what the front electric screen had two area's not working and I took a photo on my phone and showed the Fords workshop supervisor when I got there and now they believe me the screen is faulty and they are asking Ford for permission to replace it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,our B Max has only done 12k in two year's and the drivers seat belt is also frayed, did ford sort this out for those who also had this problem?
Also when I hit small pot holes and bumps it sounds like the study are not full!was this the symptoms to the study having a leak?
Any body got vibration from under the car, 16 diesel! ( sump cover)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford looked at our seat belts and said they could not find any sharp edges to damage the belts, I think it's a design problem with them mounted on the seats .

Not sure what you mean by 'Study' !

Our Diesel engine tends to 'growl' under certain loads !.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I also have an edge on the driver's seatbelt fraying afrer 21K miles.
Starting to sound like there is a potential safety problem with the seatbelts being mounted on the seat frame, although I personally find that a comfortable position.
I am fairly sure that a fraying seatbelt is an MOT failure, so we need to gather information on this as the first B-Maxes will be coming up for that later this year; and if it is going to be a systematic failure, then owners ought to be aware.

Geri

·
Registered
7 Posts
WTF is a study when it is at home? I have just had my 2 year service done for £100 at my local non-franchised garage using Ford pollen and oil filters. . Ford quoted £230.Incidentally don't sucumb to the electronic record scam . Keep your receipts and get your service book stamped . The EU is currently looking at this mal- practice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
just having my 3rd service

two dealers - one said £185 the other ....... £240!! wow!

shop around i know it's a big service but still. the dealers are only 12 mile apart.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting about service price.

Re .... Seat belts fraying on both edges as on our drivers seat, If you push the seat back then tilt it on to the steering wheel you may see more fraying around where it goes in-side the seat base, ours is covered in seat belt dust there, take some pictures as evidences .

While at the Vauxhall dealers getting my daughters new corsa serviced I told them about this seat belt problem, what they say to do is when our B-max is due for it's first MOT is to take it to the dealers that we bought it off and if they fail it because of the frayed seat belts then we take it further with
Vehicle and Operator Services Agency ( VOSA ) because this could be a design fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts