Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that the front passengers seat has movement it it when you rest back. The back of the seat is loose and if you hold the top whilst standing outside the car you can shake it backwards and forwards slightly. The drivers seat is solid with no movement whatsoever.

It was in today for seatbelt problems and they replaced the drivers one. I had also reported that the passengers seatbelt did not retract correctly, however after testing it they said it was ok. I must admit after the 'test' it did retract better. However, now the back of that seat is loose and I think they made some adjustment at the bottom to get access to the belt. That may have cause the backrest to become loose..........................so BACK IN AGAIN!

Today, I was getting really fed up with them. They gave me a loan car which said 133 miles left in the tank. When I returned it it said 149 miles left and they were happy when I said I had put fuel in. Actually all I did was to drive a 4 mile round trip carefully and watched the numbers increase! Never put a drop in. So, I got one over one them.

Collected my car which was filthy! Where is my valet, oh sorry, did you want one? Jeez, it is part of their service. So whilst I waited I bought a sandwich outside, returned and drank their free tea whilst I had lunch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh my gosh I have got the same problem with my seat, it is driving me mad, feel as if someone is poking me in the back when I pull away or brake.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You missed out there Makem. You should have chiselled some rubber of the courtesy car tyres and super glued it to your own treads.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye man, I was really annoyed that I didn't take some air from the tyres too.

As for the seat movement, it was the whole back of the seat that moved, not something in the back.

When I tested other cars the same movement was present even in the drivers seat and in some it was more noticeable than mine.

However, now I Iam teaching my wife and sit in the passengers seat I notice nothing unusual. I suppose I was expecting the seat backs to be more rigid that normal seat backs which do not carry the seat belt forces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts