Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Titanium X has just started telling me that someone is sitting in my passenger seat when clearly they are not. This notification is by an annoying 'bong' every 10 seconds and a red light showing seat belt required. The only way to switch it off is to fasten the seat belt on the passenger seat.....
I did have this once before when I put a heavy bag on the passenger seat and the warning was tripped however this time their is definitely nothing and no-one there !!

Not sure I can bothered to go to the garage for what is probably a 10 minute job and they will need my car all day and a 3 mile walk to work and back from the dealership, might leave it till the next service.

Annoying though....

Any one had similar, or is it just my car that seems to have one off issues, like this and the creaking leatherseats (don't get me started - never having leather again), and the creaking back doors which appear to be unfixable. Shame cos it's a nice car to drive, but let down on build quality.

It's on it's last warning....it's going soon..... to be replaced by something else.... (not Ford)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had a similar issue with the annoying warning noise coming on as soon as you reach 15-20mph, even though nothing on passenger seat and driver's belt clicked in place.
I didn't want to be without my car for a whole day either for what might be a quick job.

All I have done since is turn the ignition key two clicks, wait for the car to do all of it's checks and the symbols that light up to go out, then turn the key the final twist to start the car, and then insert the driver's seatbelt.

Not great that you have to resort to this kind of thing - but <touch wood> ever since I have had no seatbelt warning messages / sounds.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers
I'll give that a go, however slightly modified as mine has a button Start !!

Same procedure though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts