Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought things were going too well, had my first hic-up with the car today

The seat belt chimes and red warning icon keep coming on even though I'm wearing my seatbelt.

I'm sure the dealer will sort but it's such a pain having to go through all the rigmarole when I'm at work long hours and finding time is difficult.

Anyone else had this one?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just an idea but are you carrying anything on the front passenger seat, brief case or something similar.

As a temporary measure try clicking in the passenger seat belt, as this may be the one causing the problem and not the drivers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing on the seat John but you are right, clicking in the passenger one does seem to cancel it. Only tried it going 50 yards down the road though.

Still needs sorting though, obviously, but if I can cancel those annoying chimes until then it's a bonus

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
I to have just experienced the problem of having the front passenger seat belt warning sign and chimes come on when no passenger is sitting on the seat. Putting the seat belt in the click position does overcome the problem, as a temporary measure. Otherwise, I am really pleased with my B Max. Have had it since last September. The 1 ltr engine is so refined and overall it is one of the best cars I have ever had.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The cars obviously think there is someone sat on the passenger seat. Perhaps thumping the cushion will cure it, to try and reshape it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TJW, have you not asked the Dealer about it?

John, if thumping it works then I'm sure it will be only temporary. It will be a visit to the dealer for me but at least it seems I can stop it by clicking in the passenger seatbelt

Thanks again

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it definitelywas stopped by plugging in the passenger seatbelt so it must think someone is sitting in the passenger seat without a seatbelt on so I've given all the cabling underneath the passenger seat a good wriggle and it appears to have cured it...for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seat belt alarm only happened a few days ago so not had time to go into dealers. Only had one problem so far with my B Max and that was the drivers window one touch upwards did not work and therefore had to hold the switch until the window closed. Took it into TCH at Peterborough who just reset the cars computer and it cured the problem. Could be the same solution for the seat belt alarm problem?

·
Registered
418 Posts
To be honest I don't think so TJW. I think Dagdave has hit the problem on the head by playing with the cables under the seat. There is a jungle of wires and cables there, which could possibly be dislodged by the feet of a back seat passenger; I think Dagdave will have no more problems on that issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tink you are more optimistic than me but thanks John and thanks TJW too

·
Registered
418 Posts
??????????????? Hello Gracow. To be honest 'No I cannot explain '. All I can think of is that I put the message ??????? against a pirated post written in pidgeon French on another thread; so I am not clear on why it has posted here.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sorry - my fault. Yes there was a spam post there which I deleted.

It now makes it look like you've questioned yourself!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got this problem after half sitting on the front passenger side with the door open to get something out of the glove box, banging on the seat squab cleared it. On research I found the following PDF which looks like the pressure switch is quite large and probably jammed as it had only been compressed on one side.
http://www.goindesign.com/wiring/V2D744074.PDF

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've recently had this problem and after talking to Fords the replacement sensor is £32 but it is a job and a half to fit. So, I tried and old trick from other Ford cars to see if I could disable it. I switched the ignition on, waited for the dash lights to go out, then I plugged in the seat belt on the passengers side 9 times within 60 seconds and hey presto! the alarm is now disabled for that seat. You can switch it back on by repeating the process. I hope that helps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer has said the 'computer' diagnosed a faulty sensor under the passenger seat and is going to replace it. Keep passenger seat belt connected until sensor replaced.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts