Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.
I have a 5 week old Titanium 1.6 diesel. Great car . . .but. . .Am I missing something here? The seat belts are anchored by the gear lever as is the norm , and on the side of the seat which is not the norm. My thoughts are this. If you had a bad shunt , could it be possible you would get thrown out of your seatbecause of the fact that the lap seat belt is not attached to the side of the car . . .only to the side of the seat you are sitting in. ? The other issue I have is the fact there is no height adjustment on the front seat belts. My wife is always complaining that the seat belt is so low it digs into her neck.
I do realise there are no "B" pillars . . .but surely , technically, itshould be possibleto raise the height of the belt.?
Incidentally , I have managed to get 66 mpg on average . One of the few cars I have owned that manages to get pretty close to Fords figures.
I would appreciate some feedback on the belt situation.
Cheers . . .topolino.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The car has been tested in all the usual situations and passed with flying colours. So rest assured, you and the seat will not be thrown out of the car imo.

As for the seat belt height, I don't think it would be possible or safe to have a mechanism to raise the seat belt above the place where it now is attached.

What you could do is visit a car accessory shop and buy a seat belt sort of sleeve thing (I forget the name) but it will widen and soften the seat belt as it comes over the shoulder. It is safe and comfortable to use. Get one for yourself

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi makem.
Thanks for your reply.
I agree it would be technically difficult to make a height adjustment given the design of the seat belt anchorage point. Surely Ford could have made the block (which contains the belt mechanism on the seat top) another couple of centimetres higher. This is not a figment of the imagination - when I sit in the passenger seat and belt up , it feels uncomfortable on my neck too.
I will pay a visit to Halfords and see if they have something which you suggested.
Many thanks for the info.
topolino.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts