Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you B Maxowners. Had mine for a week now and a couple of things are starting to come to light as being what I consider to be flaws.
1. No vertical adjustment on Seat belt mount. Technically it isprobably not feasible on the front . . .but the rear belts are set too high . My wife is complaining they are digging in to her neck .
2. No netting on back of drivers seat . Another example of Fords penny pinching . . .?
3. Difficulty in opening the rear sliding doors from the inside of the car.
4. cant get used to the wiper mechanism .
I traded in a Citroen C3 Picasso for this B max . . . . .I am beginning to miss it already.
Does anyone agree with any of my points.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am other way round!
I changed from bmax to picasso4 and while I am delighted in most ways all is not perfect. The boot/ fifth door leaves a lot to be desired for ease of use. I also have an old Picasso and the back door opens to up position in two stages,my wife finds it easy to reach the pull down grab handle providing it only goes to first up position,but if pushed up all the way open just cannot reach,difficult indeed and not all that easy for myself. The new model does not have this facility,the door goes to max open every time also the part one inserts the hand to pull down is is slanted wrong way resulted in hand slipping out making it impossible to actually close the tail. It is necessary to grip the metal part of the tail door. So my new bmax owner nothing is perfect,but I confess problem is not bad enough to make me regret my deed. Happy motoring with your new Bmax,it's a lovely car to drive my only (and my wife's) regret is we can't afford to keep both of them.
Arm987

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had several people in the back and did not had any complaint, what's your wife's length? No netting on the drivers seat is quite stupid, this is because they did not change the seat back's from the lefthand steering cars. On my B-Max in Holland there is not netting on the passenger seat, as it could easily get damaged when loading long packages with the seat folded flat. On the other hand, on your version you have the 60% piece of the rear-seat behind the passenger side which is much more convenient :)

I mostly open the doors for my passengers anyways, but those who try do no complain, not even my 75 year old grandma. What's with the wiper mechanism???

It probably all depends on what you are used to and also what your passengers are used to. I have very positive responses daily, as people like the car in almost any way.

My negatives are for my version that the rear seat 60% is on the driver side, which prevents you from loading an IKEA package flat loaded. it misses about 5cm for almost every piece. Further I keep having issues with the rear windows.

I really don't have any other complaints, I drove many other cars, but I really like the B-max best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments.I have had 25 NEW cars in the last 30 years . I think this gives me a little bit of knowledge as to what is good and not so good . Would not use Ikea anyway . . . .lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
25new cars in 30 years only proves you have a much worse dose of caritious than I have.
Remember one mans joy is another mans misery. Can't fathom what IKEA has to do with the subject,no doubt you will enlighten us.

If you wonder what sort of a condition caritious is,well 25 cars in 30 years is a fair example.
Happy motoring but don't take life too serious,it can hurt.
Arm987
Edited by: arm987

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, The front seat belts are causing me a lot of problems in my B-Max cos they rub my neck. I have bought seat belt covers but they are not an ideal remedy. Does anyone know of a bettersolution to the problemplease?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would experiment with adjusting your driving position in respect of the seat and controls.

I notice some people sit with bent arms, nearly at 90 deg., very close to the steering wheel. Unless you have a disability or short legs which enforces this it is not ideal for vehicle control.

I have seen accidents where a seat belt has almost decapitated a person because of maladjustment. The belt should not cross your throat or be near your neck.

Are you aware the the steering wheel can be extended and moved vertically?

You may decide during experimenting that you have to put up with a different but less troublesome inconvenience to get rid of the worst problem. Example would be sitting more upright with arms slightly bent and the steering wheel pushed right in and lowered vertically.

I seem to remember a long time ago you could buy a sort of clip which pulled the belt away from the neck area but that attached to the centre post.

If experimenting to find a happy medium fails, perhaps a chat with your friendly local dealer may suggest a solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your quick reply. I understand what you're saying and will try what you suggest. However, this happens in the passenger seat also so I was hoping that a clip would be available to alleviate the problem. It's a shame because I'm enjoying the car.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Jolynne and welcome,

My Lady has the female problem routing the diagonal run of the strap and has bought, and is using, an adjustment clip by Betterware. I don't know how effective it would be in helping your problem right up at the neck, but may be worth investigating

Geri

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jolynne

Just checked with the management, and she says it helps with the seatbelt rubbing the neck problem too.

Geri

1 - 11 of 11 Posts