Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning on the passenger seat.Mine seems to think there's someone sitting there all the time and bongs repeatedly until I fasten the belt on an empty seat!!
Mine is out of warranty or I would just take it back to Ford to sort...
Read a few things on theinternet about undoing the belt 5 times, doing a dance and waiting for a light to flash three times, all to be done within 10 seconds, (possible exaggeration....)but nothing appears to work...
I presume there is possibly a lead under the seat I could disconnect.....
Not checked yet as too cold/too darkto be fiddling around upside down on my drive.
If anyone knows for sure that would be useful and give me something to do when the weather picks up..
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will have to look at mine also, one weekend when it is dry and a bit warmer.

I did get warnings a little while ago, as I used to put my seatbelt on as engine was about to turn over.

To try and rid myself of the warning, I started clipping in the driver's seatbelt once all of the dashboard lights had gone out (two key clicks), and the car was started.

This has got me through for a while, but the warning did come back again last week.

Like you, I have the passenger belt clicked in at all times, and - fingers crossed - seems to be ok again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the point is that you shouldn't have to fasten the passenger seat belt, in the absence of a passenger, just to avoid the seatbelt warning 'bong'.
Clearly a sensor issue in the seat belt or seat.

I think a wiring check should sort and some carefully chosen disconnections....

Unless anyone has any other ideas ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a possible. I'll give it a go.
Although surprisingly this morning it was OK when I consciously started the engine before putting my seatbelt on..... instead of the other way around.

Apparently I cannot go snipping wires indiscriminately as they may be linked to either the air bag sensor and/or the sear belt pre-tensioner system...

Hope this latest trial works...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.