Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me, tried searching on the web and can't find an answer!

If I buy a used Bmax is it possible to ask Ford or the dealershiip to add the Navigation pack if it doesn't already have it installed?

I'm wondering if there's a minimum style it would have to have, ie Zetec or Titanium before an upgrade could be applied?

Thanks very much in advance :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The only thing I can remember from when I ordered mine was the dealer saying that you need to have the Sony radio and the system does not come with the standard radio.
To be honest, I think the display is probably going to be a bit small, so you may be better off buying a stand alone satnav and have it hard wired if you don't like trailing wires (Halfords will do this for £30 if you don't fancy doing it yourself).

A bit of Googling has also identified a few potential aftermarket solutions too.

Other than that, just ring your dealer and ask.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome Paul, I would think it would be impossible to after fit the satnav, as the whole fitting around the screen is different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've been reading, the satnav in some models is just a software patch that needs installed, so if you have the Sony Radio unit it would just be a matter for the dealer to enable it on the unit?

I'm not too sure about it so just theorising :) If it wasn't for the lack of used BMax's with navigation I wouldn't be looking at this route.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
paulbuk said:
From what I've been reading, the satnav in some models is just a software patch that needs installed, so if you have the Sony Radio unit it would just be a matter for the dealer to enable it on the unit?

I'm not too sure about it so just theorising :) If it wasn't for the lack of used BMax's with navigation I wouldn't be looking at this route.
Not sure if you are right about this but if that was the case, I guess someone would have found a hack to add it by now.

If you are right, I will really regret having spent £400 on the built in satnav when I'm sure I could persuade (for s small backhander)a friendly ford mechanic to add a line to the code.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Although it`s possible but I didn`t recommended it because it`s going to cost you alot because the navigation system of the Ford uses an sd card system therfeore you need to change the whole unit and if you already have an android phone there are quite few good free maps on google play like Here maps to mention one. Ford uses Tom Tom Maps and issued by Bosch and from my experience because my model have installed from factory is not among the best maps around. Search streets isn`t easy either and many countries in Europe are still to be added. hope I answered you query.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts