Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure whether this is covered elsewhere on the forum, but I thought it might be useful information for owners of the Ecoboost version of the B Max. There's clearly an issue with rusting turbo cooling pipes on the Ecoboost as fitted to the Fiesta, and I think this is something seperate from the degas hose that blighted these engines until rectified. Presumably these are the same engines which are fitted to the Ecoboost B Max.

Might be an idea for folks to check the turbo cooling pipes on their engines. If the problem isn't too serious, it can apparently be mitigated by rubbing down the pipes to remove rust and applying a heat resistant epoxy paint. If the rust is particularly serious, replacement of pipes and possibly turbo may be required.

This posted with the best of intentions, having found the link whilst looking for something else.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/95740-2013-10l-ecoboost-engine-rust-problem/

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Mine look ok too. Not a problem I havecome accross before. My suspicion is that this may have resulted from some kind of fluid being spilled on the pipe, such as brake fluid, anti freeze or maybe oil. Good warning to avoid spillages though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I hadn't heard of it before either, which is why when I came across it, and although it doesn't apply to my car, I thought folks might be interested.

Glad you guys have found your turbo pipes to be OK.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Definitely worth mentioning Des. Forewarned is forearmed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I went down toa Ford dealer to get the turbo pips checks. And there was rust on the pips.the just sprayed som antirust on the pips.
The Ford dealer says that Ford covers all expenses.
<div ="tw-swapa"><div ="_wYb">Hers an article in Danish.
<div ="_wYb">
<div ="_wYb">https://fdm.dk/nyheder/2017-09-ford-daekker-rustskade-pa-lille-motor
<div ="_wYb">
<div ="_wYb">
<div ="tw-swapa"><div ="_wYb">

<div ="_Ejb"><div id="tw-target"><div ="tw-ta-container tw-nfl" id="tw-target-text-container">

<div ="_Ejb"><div id="tw-target"><div ="tw-ta-container tw-nfl" id="tw-target-text-container">

1 - 6 of 6 Posts