Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a rust problem over the rear drivers side wheel arch - my local mechanic has told me this was a problem Ford had with the B-max. Has anyone else experience this problem? The car has not been in an accident and i don't understand why this has happened.

Any advice, opinions would help

Thank you

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Corrosion Protection Warranty

Your Ford bodywork is covered against perforation by rust, from the inside or underside, for 6 to 12 years, depending on your vehicle. However, surface rusting caused by scratches or stone chips, isn’t covered.

Don't know if this is of any help or exactly what is and isn't covered exactly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not a chip or scratch - this looks to me like a fundamental issue of the design/body work

I took it back to the Ford garage I purchased it from in Oxford, Kindlington and they were, quite frankly rude, dismissive and patronising.

I had a friend today - (My office is above a large garage) take a look at it and he says that B-Max's are know amongst the industry to have a rusting issue in this location due to the thinness of the panel

I was wanting to know if others who own B-Max's have suffered a similar problem

Thank you

·
Registered
712 Posts
Don't believe that.

I've been on this forum for 6 years now and this is the first post concerning rust to bodywork. Have a look. Search for "RUST" - top right of page and see !

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is not a chip or scratch - this looks to me like a fundamental issue of the design/body work

I took it back to the Ford garage I purchased it from in Oxford, Kindlington and they were, quite frankly rude, dismissive and patronising.

I had a friend today - (My office is above a large garage) take a look at it and he says that B-Max's are know amongst the industry to have a rusting issue in this location due to the thinness of the panel

I was wanting to know if others who own B-Max's have suffered a similar problem

Thank you
Absolutely NOT!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not had any issues with rust, fingers crossed, and not heard of anyone having the problem with their car either.
Sounds like you're being fobbed off to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts