Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i was wondering if any of you can assist me. I am new to this forum and getting extremely unhappy with the service i have received from ford.

I purchased my brand new Bmax in March 2013. I loved the look and feel of the car and was really pleased with it.

around 3 months ago i noticed that on the bottom corner of the drivers door, underneath the paint work the door was rusting and the paint on top of this rust had become almost transparent. I have had the car in and out of the ford body testing centre (evans halshaw) in glasgow.

The ford warranty team have turned round and practically accused me of having an accident in the car and that this is my fault. They took paint reading and have said that it seems this is a botched repair job.

I am totally furious as i am the only driver of the car and it has never been involved in any accident big or small.

I feel my only option now is to seek legal advice and i was just wondering if any of you have had these kind of issues with the ford warranty or service centre?

Many Thanks

JP

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It does sound like a repair if it is rusting under paint.

I bought a Ford Sierra 2L IS a while back. It was on a turntable in the showroom and looked great. I collected it the next day.

A couple of days after the purchase when cleaning it (you always clean a new car?), I noticed some marks on two of the wings. On closer examination it became obvious that these were shallow scratches which had been touched up.

Back to the dealer and complained, asked for reduction, mats or anything to show the car was not pristine. It was my fault for not checking thoroughly.

All they offered was to do a proper repair and I must admit, I could no longer find the marks.

In your case it maybe that the drivers door was opened and touched a high kerb or something similar which takes off the paint. It could then have been touched up when noticed to avoid trouble for a salesman. Once the car leaves the dealer it is down to the owner from then on.

If I remember correctly the Ford paint guarantee is for penetrating rust. If chipped by a stone then you must repair the paint correctly and I am sure they would say, by a professional in any claim.

On a service a tiny chip less than the size of a pin head was noticed on my B-MAX and I was told to get it repaired, or else!

I think all you will get will be a 'proper' repair job which should be free of charge.

btw - did you know CAPITALS in a forum means you are shouting

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didnt realise that was on caps sorry ;)

Thanks for your information, Im still annoyed at being called a liar and being accused by the ford relationship centre of having an accident.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You have every reason to shout at the salesman. But it seems like you must bite the bullet and ask/demand a proper repair.

If you know a friendly bodywork shop you could ask for their opinion of the damage and how it could have been caused. You may feel happier to have someone on your side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts